why cant i get hold of a sony strdg2400es

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
every where i go in my local area i am not able to pick up a sony cinema reciever in black if i want one is silver no problem apparently i have been told by a few places that japan have told the warehouses to sell all thier remaining stock one of my dealers told me they won't be able to replenish this stock until may this year surely this cannot be the case does anyone here have more information.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Haven't heard anything about shortages, but then as Clare has pointed out, the company in question is a riddle wrapped in a mystery hidden in an enigma, so the chances of getting any kind of firm information are pretty slim.

matthewpiano

We work on a traffic light system and the black 2400es is showing red, which means Sony UK are out of stock. There is no incoming date at present, so it seems the information you have been given is accurate, although I'd expect stock sto be replenished at Sony UK before May. The silver ones are in free stock.

A

Anonymous

well apparently it's not just sony is affecting

he was telling me that denon and pioneer all has problems getting the recievers

i was being told the only company to be really pushing sales at the moment is onkyo no shortages there

also my dealer told me it's all to do with the credit crunch if i hear that one more time i might scream.

A

Anonymous

yeah no offence i'm sick hearing "i can get you a silver one tomorrow"

i don't want a silver one as the rest of my equipment is black

i just want to replace my existing sony amp with a new one as my old one has went to electronics heaven previously had an strdb940. apprently they suffer from dry joints.

A

Anonymous

You can get a black one from here

They sold me a 'Like new' one for £335 delivered last week, seems to have gone up in price now tho..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Odd that - you'd have thought all those companies would have done their sales planning last spring/summer, before THE DOWNTURN, as the BBC insists on calling it, really happened. So they should have stock coming out of their ears, except for the fact that AV receiver sales are bucking the trend and still holding up very well.

And these things are usually built and shipped months in advance, so maybe it's just that they've been caught on the hop and can't make them fast enough.

Onkyo has been getting some merely good rather than splendiferous reviews of late, which may explain why they seem to be in fairly free supply. Or perhaps Onkyo simply made enough for the anticipated demand, and everyone else didn't...

A

Anonymous

This week i phoned the nearest richer sounds store asking about the sony 2400es.They only had 1 in stock that had been ordered by someone so the guy went online and looked up details on availability for ordering whilst i was on the phone.He told me how many were available in black and though i can`t remember the exact figure it was quite a few and said it should be in by tuesday 10th feb.He`s gonna phone me back for details on payment when it arrives.Hopefully his info is correct or i will have a long wait.

jerryyeatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
I bought a 2400ES (black) from Richer Sounds in Reading today for £380, lucky me. They possibly have more.

So far I'm damn pleased with it! Just watched part of WALL-E from the BDP-S350 and it sounds noticably more detailed than with DD on my previous Yamaha DSP-E800.

A

Anonymous

If anyones interested i phoned richer sounds today rather than wait for them and my black 2400ES is in stock and is to be posted to me first thing in the morning.So i guess if you ask the right people there seems to be no problem getting a black one.Maybe the ppl your talking to are wanting to sell stock that`s harder to get rid of ? It`s just a guess but the yamaha and sony recievers seem to be very popular at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts