Which one do you think is better?: QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cables or Audioquest FLX-SLiP 14/4 speaker cables?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
Oh christ. Just please buy some cable, you're making me confused now :D

The reviews are subjective and cannot take in to account your exact equipment in your exact set up in your exact room, therefore they should only be used as a rough guideline. Seriously, stop worrying about it, go buy some cable and start enjoying it.
Exactly!

Chris

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Surely you have some cables now ?? Buy some cheap Maplins. Enjoy. Forget.

Later, if you are still sane, get some sale or return and tell us how much better they sound. :cheers:

twochordcool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe it went something like:

Audioquest FLX-SLiP 14/4

displaced

QED Silver Anniversary XT, which

displaced

Chord Carnival Silverscreen, which

displaced

QED Silver Anniversary original ?!

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I presume that your reluctance to give details of your system or room etc, you have a 'dream' system and auditorium. In which case I advise professional advice & installation. Good luck in your quest.

twochordcool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You know, I know you guys want to do this your way, and I appreciate all of the non-advice that you all have given me, but can I have some advice that falls within the parameters that I set? Does anybody have any experience with the cables that I have asked about?

twochordcool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
And my reluctance in getting into what equipment I have has to do with the fact that I don't want to turn this into a "this kit goes well with this cable, this one doesn't" discussion. I want to keep the discussion to particular cables in general. (Even though I understand that mixing certain cables with certain electronics can make subtle differences)

twochordcool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
SOMEONE must know the answer to this question:

WHY did the QED Silver Anniversary XT not get dropped down to a 4 star review when Chord Carnival Silverscreen did?

Please, a simple specific answer to that simple specific question. No more "just go out and buy some cables already". That is not helpful and I'm not going to buy just anything. I'm doing this methodically.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Chances are you will annoy people or get ignored. Your threads have given many answers to what is an impossible question. All u may get is opinion and even if u think these 2 cables will sound different in your room then they would be different in another. Neither is better than the other.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
twochordcool said:
SOMEONE must know the answer to this question:

WHY did the QED Silver Anniversary XT not get dropped down to a 4 star review when Chord Carnival Silverscreen did?

Please, a simple specific answer to that simple specific question. No more "just go out and buy some cables already". That is not helpful and I'm not going to buy just anything. I'm doing this methodically.

What's your method?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
alchemist 1 said:
Having moved hi-fi around, resulting in the need for longer cable runs.

I have purchased the FLX -SLIP 14/4.

We will see how they measure up ?..........;)

Good stuff....will be interested to read your comments. Having read this thread am thinking maybe this cable will be an "upgrade" (haha) or at least maybe add a little more warmth to my system. I def don't want to lose any clarity or punchiness tho.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
radiorog said:
alchemist 1 said:
Having moved hi-fi around, resulting in the need for longer cable runs.

I have purchased the FLX -SLIP 14/4.

We will see how they measure up ?..........;)

Good stuff....will be interested to read your comments. Having read this thread am thinking maybe this cable will be an "upgrade" (haha) or at least maybe add a little more warmth to my system. I def don't want to lose any clarity or punchiness tho.
Only listend to the 14/4 for a few hours, but yes I can hear a difference.

Sounds as WHF describe in their review,very easy to listen too.

So a thumbs up for the FLX-SLIP 14/4..........8)

TRENDING THREADS