Amp to speaker "cable" vs what is used inside of the speaker

gasolin

I have a pair of Q Acoustics 3010i
Here is what cable they use inside of the 3030i (they say it's Qed)

2021-11-30 23_40_55-Q Acoustics 3030i deep unboxing - YouTube – Google Chrome.png

Here is what is recommended for Q Acoustics speakers

3010/3010i: QED Silver Anniversary XT https://desk.zoho.com/portal/armourhomeelectronics/en/kb/articles/which-cables-should-i-use

2021-12-09 14_52_19-Q. Which cables should I use with my Q Acoustics loudspeakers_ – Google Ch...png

Does it make sense to use better cable between the amp and speakers than what they use inside of the speaker (if you know what they use in the speaker you have) or to say it in a different way, doesn it give the best synergy using the same cable between the amp and speakers as they use inside of the speakers ?

shadders

View attachment 3004

3010/3010i: QED Silver Anniversary XT https://desk.zoho.com/portal/armourhomeelectronics/en/kb/articles/which-cables-should-i-use

View attachment 3005

Does it make sense to use better cable between the amp and speakers than what they use inside of the speaker (if you know what they use in the speaker you have) or to say it in a different way, doesn it give the best synergy using the same cable between the amp and speakers as they use inside of the speakers ?
Hi,
You will have heard that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Any system can only be as good as the weakest part of the system. So if the pre-amplifier adds noise, then the later system parts can never correct this, only add to it.

The internal speaker cable is always something that i find funny, in that it is truly out of sight, out of mind, so people don't worry about it. People worry about the difference in speaker cable sounds, then conveniently ignore the speaker internal cable used.

If you believe speaker cables make a difference, then you should worry about the speaker internal cable.

If you don't believe speaker cables make a difference, then don't worry about.

I use QED79 strand internal and amp to speakers, and in my current speaker build project, i am using van damme blue speaker wire, as it is cheap, meets specification.

I know speaker cables have no effect, but if if you do, then it would seem a world of pain worrying about speaker internal cables. So if you follow the manufacturers advice, then you can be assured that you are doing what is best.

Regards,
Shadders.

GroeneLeeuw

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site

View attachment 3004

View attachment 3005

I think the answer is rather short: NO!

So what is it ?

Personally i think my qed cable is better than any of the times i have used it in a diffrent system, here it isn't sharp or bright.
there is a difference between a nicely shielded cable, because it has to be, between amp and speakers and a bit of plastic coated wire within those speakers .......regardless of who actually manufacturers it.
in an ideal world you might run the same cable from inside the amp to inside the speakers with no joins, but this isn't likely to be very practical.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Personally, even though you have a lossy X-over with likely s#$% bits in between, if you buy decent speaker cable you may as well add a metre or two and rewire the things inside.

It’s no coincidence that QED cable is recommended, as they have common holding companies and personnel with Q Acoustics. The name is a bit of a clue.

Most speaker manufacturers value flexibility and ease of handling - plus of course, continuous availability - over fancy looking sheathes. They need efficiency on a production line, not hosepipe looks. Over a few cm inside the speaker the issues of resistance and capacitance are negligible In comparison.

As to cable synergy, that’s simply a mythological concept to sell more wire. Wires can have differing impedance, inductance, and be made of different conductors and insulation, and be screened or not. But synergy is just a nice feeling.

GroeneLeeuw

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
So what is it ?

Personally i think my qed cable is better than any of the times i have used it in a diffrent system, here it isn't sharp or bright.

If it would be that important, it would be important everywhere: inside amps, speakers & other electronics as well.
Why would it only be important to connect speakers with an amp?
It doesn´t make sense to me.
It´s also my empirical experience: never a speaker cable made a difference to the sound I hear, let alone improve, and I did try changes of cables.

If it would be that important, it would be important everywhere: inside amps, speakers & other electronics as well.
Why would it only be important to connect speakers with an amp?
It doesn´t make sense to me.
It´s also my empirical experience: never a speaker cable made a difference to the sound I hear, let alone improve, and I did try changes of cables.
Speaker cables themselves have to be well insulated as they commonly come in close proximity to power supply cables and the like. The bits of wire inside a speaker don't.
Assuming speaker cables are adequate for the job and can reject any RF interference or otherwise then there is little reason to pay megabucks for them.
however, this thread isn't going to descend into another speaker cable debate :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts