Which is Best QED Classic 79 Strand or QED Original Speaker Cable

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a system that comprises Audiolab 8200CD Player, Rega Brio R Amplifier and Monitor Audio RX6 speakers.
To fit the RX6s in I have revamped my lounge and need to rewire the speakers. The longest run is 5 metres but the cable has to pass below a skirting board so I need a slim cable.
I was thinking of using either QED Classic 79 Strand or QED Original, size wise these two cables work well.
I would like readers opinions on which cable they think is best for my system.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I have been thinking about this also, I want to move my hifi rack is currently next to my right speaker - I have a truntable - so I want to move the rack away from the speakers to avoid compromising my turntable.

Im using Chord SilverCarnival, but thinking of changing to QED79 so i can have longer runs of it - wonder if it would make that much difference!

A

Anonymous

I've got both cables and used them in the systemn upstairs (2nd system and cables needed to be run behind a wardrobe and radiator with very little room).

I've swapped them over a few times before finishing the installing and TBH couldnt tell any difference at all... That was even with (so sad I know) my brother unplugging them and swapping them around without me knowing which cables were running at the time!

However; when he swapped over to the Chord Odyssey install cable: http://www.hificables.co.uk/11438/Chord-Odyssey-Install-Speaker-Cable.html

There was a noticeable difference in sound. Bass seemed deeper and tighter and the midrange really opened up. Top end was very nice indeed but not as open (sometimes bright) as the QED cables!

However it's not cheap so for me; it wasnt worth the upgrade for this system but if it were for my living room system; I'd have upgraded IF I was using the QED cables (but I'm not I'm using QED Revelation)

T

the record spot

Unsure? Get some OFC cable off eBay, 10m of 322 strand cost me about £6 delivered. It replaced some much more expensive cable and I now use 400-stand in a different system. Highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts