Which speaker cable would suit my set up?

Mol

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody

I would really appreciate some advice please. I have recently moved into a new house and I am going through the exciting/annoying process of deciding where my home cinema system will be placed. What I really need to know is which speaker cable would best suit my set up. I used QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable before, bi-wired to all my speakers, but I have had to leave it at my old house due to the fact that I routed it all under the floor boards, and i just can bring myself to break all the floor up to get at it !!!!!!! *biggrin*

My current system comprises of my old and faithful Pioneer VSX-AX5i surround sound amp, 3 pairs of Tannoy Revolution R3's, a Tannoy Revolution R Centre Speaker, Oppo BDP-95EU with Chord Crimson phono leads connected analogue out to the Pioneer. I will also be buying a Samsung UE65JU7000 *biggrin*

I did like the sound from the Silver Anniversary cable but I wondered if it can be bettered, and at a decent price, say no more than £10 per meter.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions

Cheers

Mol

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
New QED XT40 is not bad but its really thick so factor that in if your going to wire direct to the speakers binding posts, it might be too thick

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Stick with what you've got (QED Silver), you said you like it and in any case spending loads of extra money won't make any difference apart from to your bank balance. Too much snake oil around this subject and too many people being ripped off.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Mol said:
Hi PJPro. Let me know how you go on, and what you think of the cable please.

The cable is going in but I wont be using it for some time yet. I need to finish the plasterboarding and get the plastering done. Then it's the underfloor heating, screeding, flooring (tiles), 2nd fix electrics, skirtings and architraves and then decorating. I also need to put in the wood burner.

Once the room is finsihed, I then need to but something to use the cable. I need everything!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts