New speaker cable, Qed Profile 79 strand?

gasolin

I have bought a used B&O beocenter 9300 (hope it arrive tomorrow friday) and have a set of the small Boston acoustics a23 with van den hull clearwater, as i was mounting it with the B&O din plugs (just standard ones, not original) i was thinking that the cables might be to short, just under 2 feet (50cm), so i might need new speaker cable.

The van den hull clearwater cable is 4mm thick and that is the limited that i can use with the din plugs

I don't want to buy cable as expensive as the clearwater

What can you recommend that is 3-3.5 mm thick an cost no more then 20€,25$ for 5 meters

I can get Qed Profile 79 strand for a good price, is the cable 2x 2.5mm(stripped -/+) and 2x4mm total or 1x2.5 (stripped both -/+) and 4mm total ?

like the sound from my boston's, very neutral with no fattigue sound and for the size (close to a corner) god bass

Brentford Bob

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if it will fill your 3mm requirements, but I got my speaker cables from KaBL. It's a 79 strand 2x2.5 cable, terminated with banana plugs and it's sounds pretty sweet to me.

4 x 3m runs (for bi-wiring) worked out at about fifty quid, I think?

Anyway, the website is here: www.kablonline.com

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the Beocenter 9000, loved it to bits.

You should be aware that the amp in these units is not particulary strong but adequate for a civilized listening in medium sized room. Therefore going overboard with insanely thick wire like 4mm is unnecessary. I'd recommend buying a pair of decent factory made DIN cables and RCA > DIN.

Elegance, Extravagance, Eccentrism, that is B&O. If you try to upgrade, mod or tweak that gorgeous thing, you are missing the point of it.

PS - Never touch anything under the hood without you being grounded, otherwise you may fry a chip with electrostatic discharge.

Also keep a good clearance on the back of the unit because that's where the amp heatsink is located.

gasolin

Havn't recived it yet, i have bought a mini jack to din interconnect since that is what on my pc (mini jack), speaker cable i bought supra classic 2.5, because i have had the Qed original and thought for a while and came to the conclusion i didn't want another cable that might have a soft upper midrange,lower tweeter like the Qed original, more then enough power in a beocenter 9300, i only have Boston acoustics a23, with electronic dance music max power it can handle is no more then 50watt, might be a bit lower