QED Strand 79 FEDERATION OF BRITISH AUDIO TEST OF TIME

gasolin

What is the Federation of British Audio TEST OF TIME AWARD?

QED Strand 79 is THE ONLY CABLE EVER TO WIN THE PRESTIGIOUS “FEDERATION OF BRITISH AUDIO TEST OF TIME” AWARD

Tried goolge FEDERATION OF BRITISH AUDIO TEST OF TIME but i couldn't find any information

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
gasolin said:
What is the Federation of British Audio TEST OF TIME AWARD?

QED Strand 79 is THE ONLY CABLE EVER TO WIN THE PRESTIGIOUS “FEDERATION OF BRITISH AUDIO TEST OF TIME” AWARD

Tried goolge FEDERATION OF BRITISH AUDIO TEST OF TIME but i couldn't find any information

A group of QED employees that go to the same pub?

There were some Hi-Fi banner organisations in the past, like BADA and the one you mention. Before everyone did awards for everything, they doubtless gave out gongs for some items. QED 79 strand has been around since the mid-70s I guess, the earliest wire I recall with any audio pretentions. A deserving winner, even if the origins are list in the mists of time!

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
British Federation of Audio
Formed in 1965 by around thirty British manufacturers of hi-fi equipment, the Federation of British Audio, as it was then called, served to foster the interests of a developing industry and to promote the widest use of its products at home and, especially, overseas. Thanks largely to the dedicated work of those founder-members, British hi-fi equipment became widely respected and helped set the scene — and the standard — for a thriving global industry.

In recent years, as the market has matured, the Federation’s membership has broadened and now consists of a melange of manufacturers and distributors of a wide range of audio, home-theatre products and accessories. To reflect these changes, the name was changed to the British Federation of Audio in 1994. In 2001 the BFA became a Company Limited by Guarantee.

"It is important to have an impartial central identifying authority around which the industry can rally. The BFA’s long history and excellent track record make it a natural rallying point and with the industry’s enthusiastic support, the BFA is helping build on the remarkable achievements of the past, towards a bright and expanding future."

The BFA was closed around 2011 due to dwindling support from the industry.

The BFA Plug remains a world standard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts