Which amp and why?

sheehanjuk

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I'm currently doing an overhaul of my hifi which has resulted in me looking to buy a new intergrated amp. I've narrowed down my selection to 3 amps and now have come on here hoping that people here will have experience with these amps so can provide me with their insight. My music taste's vary largely, the only type of music I don't listen to is metal.

The 3 amp's I'm considering are:-

( i ) DK Designs VS 1 Reference Mk III integrated amp

( ii ) Naim Nait XS

( iii ) Pathos Logos

Any user view's and insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
What is the rest of your system, and is it up for renewal, and if so, what have you in mind?

What type of sound are you after?

What other kit have you heard and liked?

sheehanjuk

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to change my whole sound apart from my cables which is a mixture os SHB Quintessence interconnects/Chord to TQ Black speaker cable. I've heard the Naim on many occasion's and have always liked the sound. To me the sound is detailed but not pushy but if the other amp can provide that with tad more bass and soundstage I'm open to it.

CnoEvil said:
What is the rest of your system, and is it up for renewal, and if so, what have you in mind?

What type of sound are you after?

What other kit have you heard and liked?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have never heard the DK Designs, don't really like Naim and love Pathos....but that's me.

You say that you have narrowed down your choice to this.....so what other amps have you considered?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts