Pathos Inpol or Logos... and speakers to match

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am in the process of buying a system. I have auditioned the Pathos Inpol2 with Wilson Benesch Curve. CD Player was Pathos Endorphin. The sound was great, but I felt that it lacked some of the bass punch I wanted. The music I listen to is Supertramp, U2, Roxy Music, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Police, The Doors, David Bowie... classic rock, and some pop rock. I read the reviews in What Hi Fi ... ultimate systems issue, where these systems are reviewed. My questions...

1. Which of the 3 Pathos Amps better? Inpol2, Logos, or Classic One MKIII. The review in What Hi Fi does indicate that the bass in the Inpol2 could be better.

I have not had a chance to hear either of the 2 Plinius options recommended by Clare, but have heard the Plinius SA-REF reference power amp, paired directly with a CD player which had a output control. Speakers were 802Ds. The sound was unbelievable. In your opinion, is the Plinius 9200 better sounding than the Pre / Power combo of the M8/P10? Would you recommend the Plinius over the Pathos combos? I do like to sometimes crank up the volume. 

2. The Wilson Benesch Curve speakers sounded excellent. Very musical, and very clear. Amongst the best treble, and midrange I have heard. Very musical. I auditioned Sonus Faber Cremona M as well, but the Wilson Benesch sounded better. But it just didn't do it for me. I felt that I wanted a bit more punchy bass. I had heard the Monitor Audio PL300 with a Chord system in another audition. The speakers sounded excellent. Would the MAs be more suited to my genres of music?

It is very difficult to audition these with the Pathos amps I am considering. Would you reccommend the Pathos, or the Plinius? And then which speakers to go with the different amps. Clare and Thaiman, your advise will be really really appreciated. My total budget for Amp / CD / Speakers / wires and interconnects is between GBP10 to 12K after the VAT I will get back on exporting the system out of the UK. I live in Dubai, and trying to audition these here will be impossible. I will try and arrange auditions for your recommended combinations when I next visit the UK, possibly in the next 2 months. 

BTW (Thaiman), I did hear the Krell 400Xi with the WB Curve speakers, and was not too impressed with the sound. Too clinical. Didnt sound 'musical'. 

Would love to hear peoples advice, expecially from someone who owns the Pathos amps.

Thanks

Aun 

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Did I somehow recomended the combo? If I did I couldn't remember (I don't think I would though as WB sound bright-ish!)

Krell 400Xi need a warm pair of speakers! Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, Opera and so on.

I never heard classic 3 but if anything like mk1 then it would be stuning! Pathos Endorphin look gorgeous isn't it? I wish it sound as good as it look! for the price I really believe you can buy better. If you like tube sound (of Pathos) then check out Opera Droplet 5 cd player too.

If you after some musical system with nice slam and pace then check out Densen pre/power amp.

A

Anonymous

Surely, this being a forum, peoples views should be respected no matter what they are. For the record my system which would cost approx £11,000 is

Lector 7T CDP

Graaf GM50

Art Emotion Floorstanders

Years of changing equipment stopped with this system

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone!!! I would love to get a reply on the Pathos Amps. I have committed on the system though. Managed to get 802Ds, Krell KAV 300i amp, and a SACD Sony CD player, Transparent speaker cables. All items slightly used... and very well taken care of!!! The sound is incredible... Loving it!!! The KAV 300i actually sounded better to me than the 400 did. Maybe it was my bias.

Would still love to take an expert's view on the Pathos... if possible!!! (Claire / Thaiman / Any Pathos owners out there? )

Thanks

Aun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts