WHF Team - Home Cinema Component Synchronisation Problem - Technical Advice Needed

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently purchased a Philips Aurea 40PFL9904 LCD TV, to replace my Philips 32PF9830 LCD television.
When watching the first Blu-ray with the new TV, Gangs of New York, I noticed the synchronisation with the audio track and the movement of the actors' mouths was fractionally out. I have not encountered this problem before and assumed the Blu-ray disc was defective. I got a replacement GONY Blu-ray from Amazon and found the same problem.

I then assumed it could be to do with the TV set-up and contacted Philips who said I might need to manually adjust the lipsynch delay on my Blu-ray player (Pioneer LX-91) or my AV Receiver (Yamaha Z7), down to 200ms (milliseconds). I tried this and it did not appear to make much difference.

The Aurea and the LX-91 are connected directly to the Yamaha Z7 and the LX-91 with QED Silver Reference HDMI cables.

Is there anything glaring obvious I'm overlooking? The lipsynch was always perfect with the same component and connection set-up with the Philips 32PF9830.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

SonicD

A

Anonymous

Try turning off the philips motion processing, I used to have a philips and the sync. Was out when this was enabled.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts