Home cinema picture problem.Help needed please.

joeteds

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey all

I was on here a couple months back asking for help on my new home cinema set up and got some great advice.Well now Im all set up in the new place but have a bit of picture a problem.

I dont know if Im just imagining it but Im sure its happened ever since I set up the new system.I'll tell you the problem first and then the set up.

When watching a film or programme from say netflix the picture doesnt seem to be very good at all,The main problem being that the blacks are very blocky.Peoples clothes seem to look ok but say if someone is looking down a dark corridor in a film its almost unwatchable as you cant seen anything due to the blockiness.I did put this down to poor quality files on whatever service Im watching so I put on my dark knight blu ray which blew me away before I had my amp but now Im noticing the same blockiness in the blacks (although no where near as bad as a file from a service).

When playing with the amp settings I have noticed there are settings for the picture, why is this ? surely you should just need the settings through your TV ? I have left the pictures settings as default on the amp and just use the TV settings.Im pulling my hair out really considering the amount Ive spent on the kit.

Heres the set up

TV - Samsung D7000 46"

Amp - Onkyo TX NR 616

Speakers - Tannoy HTS 101

I have a audioquest pearl hd lead going from the amps ARC socket into the TV and then seperate hd leads from PS3 and media streamer into the appropriate sockets in the amp.

And thats it.I did get the TV well before the amp and speakers and everything had been perfect so is this just a settings thing or a fault ?

Thanks a lot in advance everyone.

Joe

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Try switching off all the video processing in the amplifier including upscaling. Set it to pass through the video signal untouched. Have you tried the picture without the amp in the chain again to confirm that it has changed your picture?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts