My home cinema pics

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations bigboss - that's a very nicely finished room. I've just been showing my wife the pics as our music room is similar in size and we also have a large L-shaped sofa. I particularly like the in-wall speakers - they are not obtrusive at all and I think that makes a big difference to the 'look and feel' of the room.

jonathanRD said:
Congratulations bigboss - that's a very nicely finished room. I've just been showing my wife the pics as our music room is similar in size and we also have a large L-shaped sofa. I particularly like the in-wall speakers - they are not obtrusive at all and I think that makes a big difference to the 'look and feel' of the room.  

Thanks! Yes, maximising space was the idea when deciding on the speakers. It's not the biggest room, so didn't want speakers to take up valuable space.

Thanks Series1boy! The roomie remote is still being configured. 75% is done. You can configure it yourself if you want, but with me wanting specific lights to switch on / off and vary intensity depending on what I'm watching, someone is doing it for me.

At the moment, just using the Harmony hardware remote.

D

Deleted member 2457

What do you think to the calibrated settings on the Panasonic 50VT65 TV?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Looks good, quite similar to my Kuro. I heard that out of the box settings of the Kuro was very good.
Ah nice one.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Great job bigboss, looks like it all came together in the end
thumbs_up.gif

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
Thanks Series1boy! The roomie remote is still being configured. 75% is done. You can configure it yourself if you want, but with me wanting specific lights to switch on / off and vary intensity depending on what I'm watching, someone is doing it for me.

just had a look at roomie and it controls most of my kit except for my Denon 3313 BD which is a shame as it looks really good.

is roomie compatible with your sky box yet or is this still to be implemented as I can't find that its compatible on their website?

cheers

The_Lhc said:
Doesn't look a huge amount of space above the av amp there ( I presume that's what the big silver box at the top is). It's not going to overheat then? Looks great though.

Where were the sofas from?

Thanks! I'll see how it goes. So far it has stayed cool. Even in my previous setup, the blu ray player was stacked on top of the AVR.

The sofas are Fama Arianne Love.

Series1boy said:
bigboss said:

just had a look at roomie and it controls most of my kit except for my Denon 3313 BD which is a shame as it looks really good.?

is roomie compatible with your sky box yet or is this still to be implemented as I can't find that its compatible on their website?

cheers

Equipment which cannot be IP controlled can be done via IP2IR. I've got a couple of these:

http://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/ip2irspecs/

So your Denon can be controlled.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
It's all looking very smart indeed BB. Can I ask, have you explored the settings on the SR7009? I appreciate that your system is primarily aimed at home cinema use, but have you found a setting on the SR7009 that works best for music for you?

Presumably with all those speakers at your disposal you're not goung to use just two of the in-wall speakers alone for music (or any 2-channel sources for that matter)?

D

Deleted member 2457

How are you getting on with the Darbee processing in the Oppo 103d?

D

Deleted member 2457

Leeps said:
It's all looking very smart indeed BB.  Can I ask, have you explored the settings on the SR7009?  I appreciate that your system is primarily aimed at home cinema use, but have you found a setting on the SR7009 that works best for music for you? ?

?

Presumably with all those speakers at your disposal you're not goung to use just two of the in-wall speakers alone for music (or any 2-channel sources for that matter)?

I don't listen to much music. I compared normal setting vs pure direct for 2-channel music.

Marantz is absolutely superb, certainly better than my previous Yamaha RXV 1900. When I employed pure direct, there is a small but noticeable improvement in performance.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:

I'm still experimenting with different settings. So far, I've found most benefit at 30%. Darbee definitely makes the pictures sharper and the picture tends to "pop". More noticeable on the projector.
Nice one.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
....and breath.

You've done it. All finished. It all looks great BB, nice and inviting and comfortable too. Glad it's all come together without an major headaches and only a few small ones.

I do still wonder though being right at the back of the room with most of the speakers around you and I didn't realise the Atmos speakers were going to be be along the wall. That you are missing out on the "Room" working with the set up.

I guess the pictures give the impression you are miles away from the fronts and right on top of the SRB's

Still it must all be working as you seem very pleased with it all. Thanks for sharing the whole process with us and finally the finished product. Great work.

GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts