Where is the proof that different speaker cables sound different?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Who are you to question what I do? You presume way too much. I dont think what hifi needs you to defend them, I use these forums because I enjoy doing so, for your information I read whathifi and enjoy it, I find on the whole their advice accurate and informative, my only issue is regarding speaker cable, I have spent over £50,000 on hifi and music equipment. If my use of technical terms has somehow offended you then I am sorry but I spent 6 years at college and university studying audio production and then I worked in a studio for 2 years and now I have a mastering house. You obviously know only what what hifi tells you and as someone who is studying for Msc I can tell you that critical thinking is tool that would serve you well.

A

Anonymous

In response to the original question a frequency response chart may help.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
ShaneMC

I find your thoughts and opinions refreshing, if at times robustly phrased.
It would indeed be dull if we all thought the same.

I'm impressed by your pedigree, what worries MC is the MC bit of your alias....but that's largely a personal dislike of MC's.

I notice protools in your sig. Presumably there are other items in your setup not mentioned too.

Do you take your work home with you then?

Messiah

shanemc: You see because I am trained in the science of sound as opposed to blindly yet pompously spewing garbage I use the terminology of the industry and to be honest what is tiring is that whenever someone goes against the grain with a little alternative insight loyal followers of the fake messiahs use tactics such as the ones you employ to belittle. It is truly sad.

Your right, they are fake. There is only one Messiah around here!
emotion-2.gif

shanemc - your posts have made interesting reading and it is good to hear the opinions of those in your line of work.

A

Anonymous

Thank you messiah and please forgive the time when i was 7 and i saw my mate balancing on ball and i ran over and kicked it away.

A

Anonymous

shanemc:In response to the original question a frequency response chart may help.

That's what I thought, which begs the question, what speaker cable do you have?

Also, petty squabbles are pointless, it's not your opinion I disliked just merely the abrasive approach
emotion-2.gif

Anyways I ordered some chord carnival silverscreen as I would never pay more than a tenner per metre for speaker cable

A

Anonymous

After I left the studio I downgraded and sold my u87 and preamps/ comps etc. So now I'm all portable and electronic.

A

Anonymous

I'm very healthy thanks, Shaun and his crew clearly either are trolls, or don't clearly know what they're talking about.

(Edit sorry, all these Shaeens._

A

Anonymous

For my mons I have some rather large XLR to TRS jacks ( cant remember the brand) for my hifi I got QED silver anniversary with core tube rubbish technology and only because i demanded free cable and thats what I got. I had before that daft priced really thick stuff but I gave it away woth old speakers And for my own instruments i use vandamme cables and only because they came in a way cool pouch with mountain climber clips attached. ;)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Watch the language and the attacks on other posters, even if you are the only person I've ever known to say, without irony,

shanemc:believe me I have golden ears

A

Anonymous

I was taking the mick re golden ears EDITED BY MODS for racist remark and as far as attacks go due to my not towing the party line on cables I have been crucified name called and belittled or are you only telling me because you disagree with what I was saying?

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
Well, thread was getting a bit OTT earlier, glad to see everyones kissed and made up, honestly not worth the aggro guy's, glad you came forward with your credentials shanemc, looks like it has provided more insight in to your thoughts/opinions/experience etc. .... so are we all done then? I think it's time for a little refreshment.... thanks for an interesting topic.

A

Anonymous

Im an audio loving pacifist. I live by the motto if its not right add a few db at 15 khz with a wide Q and bobs your uncle.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
shanemc:I was taking the mick re golden ears EDITED BY MODS for racist remark and as far as attacks go due to my not towing the party line on cables I have been crucified name called and belittled or are you only telling me because you disagree with what I was saying?

No I am not telling you that for those reasons, and for the racist remark and questioning moderation we're now on second warning (out of three)

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS for questioning moderation - third and final warning.

But ok, Im on my best from here on.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
shanemc:please ban me you fat ***

Beautiful. Eloquent, persuasive... a silver tongue to go with your golden ears and asbestos opinions. Your mother must be proud.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts