When a product just screams quality... pics inside

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Im going to replace my ancient Sony CDP-XA2ES with a Yamaha CD-S700 even if what-hifi slaughterd it. The finish, quality and drive feels excellent and if it really sounds like three star rubbish ill use it to feed my dacmagic :)

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
joestone:Im going to replace my ancient Sony CDP-XA2ES with a Yamaha CD-S700 even if what-hifi slaughterd it. The finish, quality and drive feels excellent and if it really sounds like three star rubbish ill use it to feed my dacmagic :)

Worth a go. Somebody elses 3 star product could be pure music to your ears

matthewpiano

joestone:Im going to replace my ancient Sony CDP-XA2ES with a Yamaha CD-S700 even if what-hifi slaughterd it. The finish, quality and drive feels excellent and if it really sounds like three star rubbish ill use it to feed my dacmagic :)

An owner's perspective. Decent piece of kit. Beautifully engineered and largely very good sound although WHFS&V's comments about soundstaging aren't unfounded - it can get a bit muddly when the going gets tough. Very musical and involving though most of the time although not on a par with either the Marantz CD63SE or the Rotel RCD965BX (both of which I also own).

A

Anonymous

thanks for hijacking the thread guys...
just want to throw my 2c into the debate: i have modded my amp a lot already, every time i replaced the standard copper cable used with solid silver cable (no matter which part of the amp the cable was used in) i found a noticeable improvement in sound quality esp. detail.
as far as im concerned, if i could afford the tuning fuses i would buy them.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:thanks for hijacking the thread guys...just want to throw my 2c into the debate: i have modded my amp a lot already, every time i replaced the standard copper cable used with solid silver cable (no matter which part of the amp the cable was used in) i found a noticeable improvement in sound quality esp. detail.as far as im concerned, if i could afford the tuning fuses i would buy them.

Thanks for the post. Very interesting.

Sorry for the thread hijack, it wasnt intentional.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts