What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 185 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Marvindodgers said:
I'm doing my best to resist putting in a cheeky offer on that 6th copy of Bad For Good!

if you can't pay the going rate, then I don't think you should bother.

50p + postage is not a lot to ask is it. ;)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
Todd Rungren, didn't he have something to do with Meatloaf (Sh*t Out Of Hell), and therefore Jim Steinman? :)

I have corrected your error. :)

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Today, I forgot to play any Meatloaf but I did manage to listen to:

Leo Kottke-Live In Europe

Ralph Towner-Batik

John Mayall's Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton.

The Youngbloods-Elephant Mountain. Reminds me of when I was ahem a hippy.

Quicksilver Messenger Service-Quicksilver Messenger Service. See above.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Jim-W said:
Quicksilver Messenger Service-Quicksilver Messenger Service

Quicksilver Messenger Service - 'Happy Trails' is a good one :)

Yep, Freddy, it is. One of my faves, but I really like the first album. After these two records, it was a case of rapidly diminishing returns.

Milo_Myage

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
New amp is all set up so i started with one side of Traams - Grin, wanted some crackle free that i know very well to asses any changes. Didn't highlight much but i'm pretty sure i noticed a tambourine i'd never recognised before and vocals sounded sighlty clearer at least on the songs where they're not drowned in fuzz. If you don't know them they're well worth checking out, for fans of Wire.

Moved onto Neneh Cherry - Blank Project a 1st listen on vinyl but the CD has been on heavy rotation at work for the past week. It's just magnificent, the fella from Four Tet was the perfect choice for producer. The almost naked vocal and percussion fits perfectly with the electronic element and the difference between the vinyl and cd sounds massive to me, so clear and well defined. Though i'm not a fan of getting up to flip it every 2 songs.

h4rdy

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Ordered Lorde and Stadium Arcadium.

Listening to Lou Donaldson and Stone Roses Second Coming which IMHO is superior to Stone Roses.

Waiting for the backlash.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts