What screen size do I need?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If I'm going to be sitting 2 - 2.5m away (and if it makes any difference, probably buying a plasma set), what screen size should I go for - 37" or 42"??

nws56

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
At least the 42 . I would go even bigger if you can ; 50 or 52 works for me at that 2.5 m. distance. Some magazine has stated a 40 degree angle extended from ones' nose defines the limit of comfortable vision ; this makes a lot of the recommended screen sizes seem very small. Try the 40 degree thing for yourself and see what size it gives you.

A

Anonymous

Either, best to check your viewing distance out in the shops, as everyones eyes are different.

If in doubt, get the larger. They tend to grow on you!

nws56

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
Forgot to qualify with source material quality ; Freeview looks dire at short distances, but reasonable DVD and almost any Blu ray will let you sit close.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Jarnesque:If I'm going to be sitting 2 - 2.5m away (and if it makes any difference, probably buying a plasma set), what screen size should I go for - 37" or 42"??

Watch our Get the Best from Your TV video for more info on choosing the right size screen for your room.

Messiah

Please bear in mind that you'll probably be watching more SD TV than anything else (I assume) and as has been mentioned a really big screen will look a lot worse then a more moderate size when close to it!

Try before you buy!

TRENDING THREADS