What is the coolest looking or best designed HI-Fi you've seen.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
A homage to the old school predecessors but I find these missions gorgeous and cool, to me personally what a speaker should look like.
The sound combined has me getting that hifi itch again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217-170209.png
    Screenshot_20231217-170209.png
    473.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20231217-170659.png
    Screenshot_20231217-170659.png
    488.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: twinkletoes

podknocker

gAaWtIF51G0FcU2xja9sktATZjajydw9GajhJqnlzDw.jpg
braun_dieter_rams_csv_250_amplifier_ce_500_tuner_design_hifi_hi-fi_only_once.png

Anything designed by Dieter Rams makes me feel funny inside ☺️
I love the white system on the pedestal.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
OK I'm Back!
Thrown my toys out the pram. I'm good, love you all....

Do any of you remember Neat, I thought they weren't around any more!
Their latest range of speakers ORKESTRA really look good on the eyes and I like they're using true ribbon (not AMT's) instead of conventional tweeters and floor facing bass, i.e. two downward-facing 170mm drive units in iso-baric configuration, see the link below.
1702983119458.png

Last edited:

podknocker

These look nice, with the bass in the base! Not many isobaric designs around.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
These look nice, with the bass in the base! Not many isobaric designs around.

I like reading the reviews on EAR, and I came upon these. Indeed don't see too many isobaric designs and I can only imagine, the bass is something special.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzLTflvgsec

Last edited:

Oxfordian

Sorry guys but nothing that I have seen so far makes me want to go Ooooooh that's nice.

I'll be a bit on a conventionalist and go for a Full Michell Gyro Dec just love how that TT looks, partner it with a nice top of the line valve amp - those tubes glowing away in the darkness as they send that signal out to some exotic speakers from Avalon Acoustics would finish the look off rather nicely.

All pie in the sky but a system with a wow factor, at least in my dreams.

D

Deleted member 201267

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
A heads up would have been helpful. Would have rolled out the red carpet :) Anyway welcome back (y)
Cheers dude.
I was reading other hifi forums and ah, I'm thinking a bit tame and patronising, and, the wife telling me stop being such a diva, a child that's never really grown up, wasting all my money on things I don't need. :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 201267

It's only a Youtube video but you can still, sense the spaciousness and depth. Each note played is like a separate entity. With that in mind multiply it by 100 or maybe a thousand times when you listen to it live.
Wow, can I borrow a million smack 'a' roos!
I think the music being played is just overdubbed and not from the actual loudspeakers / system featured !

I would love to hear that system in person...

WayneKerr

OK I'm Back!
Thrown my toys out the pram. I'm good, love you all....

Do any of you remember Neat, I thought they weren't around any more!
Their latest range of speakers ORKESTRA really look good on the eyes and I like they're using true ribbon (not AMT's) instead of conventional tweeters and floor facing bass, i.e. two downward-facing 170mm drive units in iso-baric configuration, see the link below.
View attachment 5750
You been living under a rock Jason? :) Neat get a regular mention on here.

podknocker

You been living under a rock Jason? :) Neat get a regular mention on here.
They do get a mention, occasionally, but the SX5i does seems to be a mainly unknown model round these parts. I would love to know what they sound like and if anyone has a pair. They look like the Spendor A4 with the added bass unit. They are a similar price and we don't get anyone on here with either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts