The Patina

Nov 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi all.
On behalf of my GF, am looking for good 40"-43" (or thereabouts) TV suggestions.
We're currently considering the:
Amazon Fire TV 43-inch 4-series 4K UHD smart TV @£339
If it's a balance of quality over size, we'd go for a smaller screen (40") rather than larger (43").
The requirement is to support all the main current UK streaming providers (Now, Netflix, Paramount, Apple, Amazon, etc).
Aerial connectivity is not required.
To be clear: this will be general family TV that's an upgrade from an ancient Toshiba 38" thingy. This will not be a videophile TV, BUT (cos of my involvement!) good quality is a must.
Budget can probably run anywhere up to £400, but no more, really.
Any suggestions appreciated.
TP

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
40 inches is not the best size to get a good bargain Hisense do a 40 inch 4k TV Generally 42/43 is the more popular size these days and get the best bargains. Its strange there are more 50 inch tvs than 42 now. note TCL 50 inch is under £350 now Amazon Fire TVs are not the best on the market , for the money Look at TCL too . 4k But now is bargain time i seen a number of 40 inch tvs under £230 lok at Amazon Currys and AO.com

The Patina

Nov 6, 2023
Visit site
40 inches is not the best size to get a good bargain Hisense do a 40 inch 4k TV Generally 42/43 is the more popular size these days and get the best bargains. Its strange there are more 50 inch tvs than 42 now. note TCL 50 inch is under £350 now Amazon Fire TVs are not the best on the market , for the money Look at TCL too . 4k But now is bargain time i seen a number of 40 inch tvs under £230 lok at Amazon Currys and AO.com
HI Flash (aah-ahh!)
Many thanks for the message and feedback.
The issue with the size is that the area where the screen needs to go would struggle with anything above 43". So 43" would do, but no bigger.
I note your comments on Hisense and TCL. Will check those out.
Thank you :)

Gray

Hi all

For those who were wondering—and a after a whole bunch or reading and deliberation—the winning new TV for the G was...

Panasonic TX-43MX800B, 43 Inch 4K

It arrives next week, apparently!

Well, that was fun!

VBW

TP
Great price.
I spent a year installing (pre OLED) TVs for a local retail chain.
Panasonic became my favourite brand (for every reason).

...AND I paid more for a 42" Panny 👍

The Patina

Nov 6, 2023
Visit site
Great price.
I spent a year installing (pre OLED) TVs for a local retail chain.
Panasonic became my favourite brand (for every reason).

...AND I paid more for a 42" Panny 👍
It seemed to be the best balance of every criteria we had.

And the reviews seemed to be very favourable everywhere.

Very curious to see how it performs!

Meanwhile, I'm trying not to be tempted to finally upgrade my still delicious—but ancient—50" Pioneer plasma (14 years and counting!) to a new 65" 4K behemoth.

Thoughts and prayers... :)

VBW

TP

Reactions: WayneKerr and Gray
Hi all.
On behalf of my GF, am looking for good 40"-43" (or thereabouts) TV suggestions.
We're currently considering the:
Amazon Fire TV 43-inch 4-series 4K UHD smart TV @£339
If it's a balance of quality over size, we'd go for a smaller screen (40") rather than larger (43").
The requirement is to support all the main current UK streaming providers (Now, Netflix, Paramount, Apple, Amazon, etc).
Aerial connectivity is not required.
To be clear: this will be general family TV that's an upgrade from an ancient Toshiba 38" thingy. This will not be a videophile TV, BUT (cos of my involvement!) good quality is a must.
Budget can probably run anywhere up to £400, but no more, really.
Any suggestions appreciated.
TP
The 55-inch Fire TV is now £149 if you're still in the market looking to buy.

Reactions: The Patina

The Patina

Nov 6, 2023
Visit site
The 55-inch Fire TV is now £149 if you're still in the market looking to buy.

Hi BB

The GF's 43" Panny in en route. For her, the 55" would have been too big for the space she ideally has available.

I saw that 55" Fire TV ad at launch earlier this week and really did consider it for myself.

However, I've been planning on going to 65" on my own upgrade (whenever I do it). I'm less concerned about price or space, though a 65 is probably my max.

Researching for the GF's TV has re-whetted (if that even a thing?) my thoughts on my screen. And—without diverting this thread—it's had me reading loads about OLEDs (and possible screen burn) against full array LEDs and others.

I'm currently very temped by the Sony XR-65A80L, but am also looking at other options. Maybe even another Panny.

So, this could be my week, too!

TP

Reactions: bigboss

The Patina

Nov 6, 2023
Visit site
It's gotta be another Panasonic surely :) I've got a much adored Panny plasma too, when it bites the dust it'll definitely be another Panasonic for me (y)

Am very tempted by a Panny for the upgrade.

Fair play though: my 50" Pioneer cost an absolute 'bucket' is 2009, but has been completely genius over the past 14 years. Still going brilliantly strong today! Same can be said of a 49" 3D Samsung in the main bedroom.

Careful longish investment is where I'm at ;)

VBW

TP

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts