What piece of music shows off your systems potential?

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Lately i've been playing Mobys album 'Play' ALOT.

One song on the album, 'Run on'

Those who have Spotify - or own the album - listen now!

It just goes to show great production really contributes towards the overall listening experience in hi fi!

Paul.

Cant help thinking about the Bourne films now whenever I hear Moby :)

If you want to hear something with exceptionally high production standards, check out 'This Binary Universe' by BT. Its available mastered in DTS 5.1, but was written specifically for surround sound which is nice.

2wp417d.jpg

SteveR750

To be honest, I don't listen to "good" recordings any more because they all sound stunning! Every album I own (and dont yet own on spotify) sounds like I never heard them before. These D18s are really something else, they are realy starting to settle down and come on song beautifully so everything I listen to has something magical about it. The great thing about a good system is it allows you to listen to music you might not bother with - I think this is what excited me about hi fi all those years ago.

But if had to put a "hi fi" demo track on it would be Keb 'Mo's album "Slow Down". Brilliant music and brilliantly acoustic live studio recording.

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Crossie said:
John Cage 4'33'' is always a winner on most systems :grin:

Hahaha! There's always one,

made me cringe a little bit as he's been one of my subject questions in my music history classes at uni...

and certain characters such as Cage, and the theories of Adorno are just quite difficult to write about... annyyywwaaaay.

I suppose anything can sound good through the right system, and despite my system probably falling under the 'budget' category in the hi fi buyers industry - there's been alot of music i've listened to that I previously would not of done prior to buying my hi fi equipment!

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
James Tenney's Having Never Written A Note For Percussion is a revealing recording. It works really well in a production I'm involved in, (through a 2K PA) and spectacularly on my home system too.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
J. S. Bach - Organ Works - Gillian Weir - inparticular the Passacaglia in C Minor (BWV 582). Recorded in St Lawrence Rotterdam, 1977.

TRENDING THREADS