WHAT MAKES THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

[quote user="Anton90125"]
Isn't Ashes to ashes about the eighties? I think you mean Life on Mars. I agree with you about the speaker bit though.

On the subject of biscuits I am very partial to "Jaffa cakes" (I know they are not strictly biscuits but who cares!). I could easily eat a box. I also like "Club" though I haven't had one of those for a long time.
[/quote]

Of course you're absolutely right, but I wanted to get a Keeley Hawes (rrowwll)© reference in there. Let's call it artistic license.

re: Jaffa Cakes - Orange only, I hope. Any other flavour is simply against the natural order of things, in my view (although the Cranberry and Orange derivative may help with some post-natal conditions, I'm told).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It'll be difficult to do a proper blind test as I will be changing the interconnect myself. It will be purely up to me to decide if I think it sounds any different. The thing is I didn;t pay anything for the interconnect as it was a subscription freebie, so I won't be afraid to say it's rubbish.

A

Anonymous

You could always use one for the left channel and one for the right, the then just decide which side sounds better :)

A

Anonymous

for me the single most effective, efficient difference although its not cheap is divorce, i can now play what i want when i want and as loud as i want :)
I would say that though the amp is the critical item as it is the one item which has to convert the signal to the speakers which for me come 2nd

A

Anonymous

[quote user="PJPro"]The ears..play the biggest part. [/quote]

My Dad always goes "yes son, your hi-fi is really good...but I can't hear it." This is followed by "turn it up, just a little" with the reply "dad, we're at 2 o'clock" and the inherent comment "you silly audiophile people"...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="chris lowe"]for me the single most effective, efficient difference although its not cheap is divorce, i can now play what i want when i want and as loud as i want :) [/quote]

emotion-2.gif
LOL!

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Okay, please note this is based on my own experiences, and is my view based on the acoustics demonstrated by my system in my friends living room and my bedroom, I am not in any way saying anyone else's view is wrong.
Provided the CD supplied has a decent recording quality then my system seems to be affected in the following ways
Room/System interaction 35%
Mains conditioner/ cables and mains quality 15%
Isolation and interconnects 15%
Source12.5%
Amplifier 12.5%
Speakers 10%
Having listened to my system in a 4*6 Metre living Room and then had to place it in a 3*3.5 metre bedroom I know what I am on about regarding Room/System interaction, I have listed speakers seperately although you could argue they are the major element of Room/System interaction as changing from one pair of floorstanders to another in my room makes little difference, changing to standmounts however, may, although I have not tried it so can't comment.

TRENDING THREADS