The strange quirks of streaming

Jimboo

So , here's the thing. Kef ls50w system owner. Dolby Atmos on Tidal becomes available gotta try it. Test track Santana soul sacrifice. Legacy edition and standard version played. Dolby on -WTF! Gutless , Spacey and horrible. Wi-fi through Kef stream app, better although not quite up with the c.d. I then decide to play it via Bluetooth . Hang on , hang on. It sounds fuller more robust. It shouldn't but it does.
The war on drugs thinking of a place is loaded up. Kef stream engaged , hifi stream begins , lovely.The c.d version through the speakers is better. Bluetooth on, hifi turns to master and the sound via my phone this time is glorious.
Spotify has no real drop in quality in either Bluetooth or WiFi.
Are my ears broken ?
Could I ask someone on here to play the Santana track on their system and tell me if the drums sound like they decided to take a walk down the street instead of staying in the studio. Or is Atmos not for standard two speaker set ups? Edit : I need lots of speakers don't I for Dolby to work. The question I guess is why are the Kef stream via tablet/Bluetooth/ phone and wi to connections supporting different qualities or claiming too? Master on Bluetooth via the phone , hifi via tablet and WiFi/Kef stream app.

What is generally the best way to hear the most consistent sound from streaming, is there one. Or, is it a case of constantly fiddling with devices and connections. At this moment in time through these particular speakers it would appear that c.d players are still the best guarantee of quality sound.

Last edited:

Jimboo

Really? That's interesting because with the kefs it sounded unlistenable. I assume you mean the non Atmos version. Have you played it via Bluetooth and wifi to. The ooomph seems to be more in the track via Bluetooth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts