What cost will Freeview HD be ?

kev g

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
With Humax announcing that a Freeview HD box will be available within the next few months how much do you think/would you be prepared to pay for such an item ?

How much a jump in technology, production costs from a standard Freeview box to HD will have on the price ?

No doubt manufacturers will use the World Cup to advertise new TV`S fitted with Freeview Hd tuners - so again how much extra should/would you pay ?

Take for example a Samsung 32B550 lcd which can be found for around £400. How much extra do you think the set should cost with a Freeview HD tuner fitted ?

Exciting, interesting times ahead.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'm going to the Humax Freeview HD launch on Dec 9th, so should get some idea on pricing for the set-top box then. Will report back when I do.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Andy Clough:I'm going to the Humax Freeview HD launch on Dec 9th, so should get some idea on pricing for the set-top box then. Will report back when I do.

Some people just have the best jobs
emotion-21.gif
- is it like other corporate type things where they give out lots of freebies?
emotion-19.gif

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
Andy

Any news yet?

I, too, am wondering whether to get a new TV now or leave it until next Spring on the assumption that Freeview HD enabled TVs will be on the market.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And we've also had two major TV manufacturers (and I fully expect there to be more) confirm they'll have Freeview HD TVs on sale from @March. Can't say any more than that, as details are under wraps until the Consumer Electronics Show early next month. We'll be able to give you loads more info from January 6th!

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Clare.

I will wait until then. What I will lose with the VAT increase, I might gain in the January sales if I decide to buy this year's model.!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts