What are your album(s) of the day regardless of format??

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Fink. Wheels turn beneath my feet

Just started listening to this a couple of days ago...been reading a review on the primaluna dialogue hp and they'd used this as a test disc....just looked at ellis's new video with the Mark Levinson 585 amp...and yep using a track from the very same album.

Nice live recordings.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Vlad was talking about underworlds dubnbasswithyourheadman album, and couldn’t resist putting this on.

this is an absolute classic that is an essential must have album for anyone into dance electronic music.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Bought a second copy of Jean Leloup, L'amour est sans pitie, having lost my original. It's good stuff. The lyrics of somgs such as L'antiquaire, and Cookie are excellent.

Also listening to Rammstein's album Reise, Reise. I love the tracks Amerika and Moskau.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Richard & Linda Thompson - In Concert, November 1975

51h4kjqw0EL._SX355_.jpg

Bolddoggie

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Angus Stone - 'Broken Brights'.

Mark Knopfler - 'Sailing to Philadelphia'.

Belle and Sebastian - 'Dear Catastrophe Waitress'.

Ben Watt - 'Hendra'.

R.E.M. - 'Around the Sun'.

love Angus and Julia Stone.. "draw your swords" from down by the way.. thats a song for a Hi Fi

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Bolddoggie said:
Infiniteloop said:
Angus Stone - 'Broken Brights'.

Mark Knopfler - 'Sailing to Philadelphia'.

Belle and Sebastian - 'Dear Catastrophe Waitress'.

Ben Watt - 'Hendra'.

R.E.M. - 'Around the Sun'.

love Angus and Julia Stone.. "draw your swords" from down by the way.. thats a song for a Hi Fi

i think all belle and Sebastian albums are great but really like ‘the boy with the Arab strap’ album.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

slowdive - slowdive (2017).

Very Stone roses so far, giving it a go.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

BigH said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:

They have been off tne scene a while, previous album was 12 years ago. It's ok does not do that much for me, just like most modern music.

must admit it’s not doing much for me on first listen. There is good new music, the thing is finding it

Try public Service broadcastings ‘every valley’ album That came out earlier in yeAr. You may like it. Suits lots of tastes.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

BigH said:
Have not played this for a while, it's a well put together album. Love some of the drumming and intros. Not so keen on their other albums.

i likes ‘feast of wire’ but must admit I haven’t heard the album you like, so conceivably I could like it more. I like the Mexican sounding influences

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
BigH said:

They have been off tne scene a while, previous album was 12 years ago. It's ok does not do that much for me, just like most modern music.

must admit it’s not doing much for me on first listen. There is good new music, the thing is finding it

Try public Service broadcastings ‘every valley’ album That came out earlier in yeAr. You may like it. Suits lots of tastes.

Thanks, tried the Every Valley album, only track I liked was You + Me.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Donno if it makes a difference but it is a grower album for some.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Talking on records I find boring after hearing it a few times, it's not original this was being done back in the 70s and 80s. It's a real struggle to find anything recent I like. Have not heard anything that came out in 2017 yet I really like yet.

Muddywaterstones

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Sons of Kemet: Lest we forget what we came here to do.

Modern jazz album that you can get up and party to (instead of sit quietly stroking your goatee) featuring Shabaka Hutchings on sax. There is some interesting Tuba instead of bass and really propulsive drumming throughout.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

BigH said:
Talking on records I find boring after hearing it a few times, it's not original this was being done back in the 70s and 80s. It's a real struggle to find anything recent I like. Have not heard anything that came out in 2017 yet I really like yet.

do you like indie ? If so big thief’s album called capacity is very good. One of favs this year. Imho a sublime album with great beautiful melodies and songwriting.

I like a female vocal album this year, by Juanita stein - called America. Country type album, great vocal, might appeal if liking 70/80s tastes. Lovely melodies. Dreamy ethereal vocal. I reckon you’ll like it if you liked that track of PSB.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

The second ommadawn album remake by mike Oldfield which came out this year, is a decent listen. If you are into that sort of thing,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts