What are your album(s) of the day regardless of format??

Page 46 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Not a big indie fan although some is OK such as Wilco, The War on Drugs, Death Cab for Cutie, Arcade Fire.

More into female singers: Natalie Merchant, Melody Gardot, Melanie De Biasio and Dawn Landes.

Some alt country I like: Eilen Jewell, The Waillin' Jennys, Gillian Welch and Ray LaMontagne.

New age? - Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth, if you have not heard it you should give a try, sound quality is excellent.

Celtic and Jazz I like.

Some Electronica is ok.

Some blues/rock I quite like: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Bonamassa.

Mike Oldfield, I was about 14 when Tubular Bells came out and it got played to death, so I have been cured of Mike Oldfield, I did try Return to Ommadawn but just can't into it.

I will try Juanita Stein later.

Thanks.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
BigH said:
Talking on records I find boring after hearing it a few times, it's not original this was being done back in the 70s and 80s. It's a real struggle to find anything recent I like. Have not heard anything that came out in 2017 yet I really like yet.

I like a female vocal album this year, by Juanita stein - called America. Country type album, great vocal, might appeal if liking 70/80s tastes. Lovely melodies. Dreamy ethereal vocal. I reckon you’ll like it if you liked that track of PSB.

I tried the Juanita Stein, I'm sure I have heard some it before, yes it's quite good, there have a few good suggestions lately on various posts I'm exploring.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I suspect if you like Juanita Steine try Jane weaver, modern kosmology. Ok for me, not brilliant. Did you like big thief, I reckon that’s better than js.

i also like the album by Japanese Breakfast that came out this year. Also try cigarettes after sex, not doing it, Im not sure if you even smoke......oh god I’m getting into a terrible pickle with such a comment on a forum which could be perceived as weird......I’m talking about the album

Both are well written and great melodies.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have heard Jane Weaver before, not keen. Big Thief was ok. Japanese Breakfast Breakfast sounds quite interesting. Cigarettes After Sex I may play later tonight, seems like a late night record. No I don't smoke.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
insider9 said:
Macspur said:
Kate Rusby, Angels and Men

Kate's new festive album... class as ever

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com
Thanks for heads up. I knew it came out but it wasn't available on streaming immediately. I've seen it had a poor review in The Guardian. I'll still give it a listen.

Prob not quite as good as previous seasonal albums, but still good nevertheless.

One of my favourites is by Bella Hardy, Bright Morning Star

Ma

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts