What are your album(s) of the day regardless of format??

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
The Decemberists!!!!!...HEAVY.....Not a chance.Folk,country a bit of prog rock....diverse...yes....HEAVY no....

I didn't mean heavy as in heavy rock, just a bit heavy going... quite often I start off not liking an artist i.e. Laura veirs and now I love her stuff... listening to The Decemberists as I type "Make you better" and quite enjoying it, so you never know... will give the album a proper listen tonight.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Same here. One group I started off quite unimpressed with was Elbow. However, there was something about them I liked and I persevered and now I love their music with a passion. BTW Guy Garvey and Craig Potter from Elbow produced I Am Kloot's Sky at Night album. I find a lot of similarities between Guy Garvey and John Bramwell's lyrical styles. Must be a northern thing.

Going way back for todays album ( a Twofer reissue) : Framed/Next - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

I'm also a big Guy Garvey /Elbow fan......I'll need to have a wee listen to I am kloot....oh and I hear what you're saying Macspur.....try and sit right through the hazards of love album if you have a spare hour...it's not an album to dip in and out of...it really has to be taken as a whole and some great vocals from Shara Worden (my brightest diamond)I regard it as their master piece.lol.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hang Massive - Distant light .

Featuring a percussive instrument called a Hang mixed with modern music .

https://open.spotify.com/track/0GyK5md1K12aw2hbfxiIqr

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I'm also a big Guy Garvey /Elbow fan......I'll need to have a wee listen to I am kloot....oh and I hear what you're saying Macspur.....try and sit right through the hazards of love album if you have a spare hour...it's not an album to dip in and out of...it really has to be taken as a whole and some great vocals from Shara Worden (my brightest diamond)I regard it as their master piece.lol.

I will do... really like My Brightest Diamond too.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Cafe Society (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

The soundtrack to the new Woody Allen film. A lovely collection of playful jazz. You just find yourself smiling when you play this.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
gasolin said:
Eva Cassidy Live At Blues Alley

thumbs_up.gif

That's a great recording, the only Eva Cassidy album you need. Worth the money just for her sublime version of Autumn Leaves alone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts