What are your album(s) of the day regardless of format??

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
toyota man said:
Hi hows it going? long time no speak, whats happened to the smily's ? emogee's or what ever they call them

Hi TM

Where have you been?... it's quite a changed site and not for the better I'm afraid, but good to see you back.

Any changes on the HiFi front?

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
toyota man said:
Hi hows it going? long time no speak, whats happened to the smily's ? emogee's or what ever they call them

Hi TM

Where have you been?... it's quite a changed site and not for the better I'm afraid, but good to see you back.

Any changes on the HiFi front?

Mac

Hi Mac unfortunatly My wife became ill and died in November and at the moment every thing is still all at sea I have good and bad days I have tried to keep myself busy and I've finaly got round to my HiFi and AV system and while I was here I though I will see what everybody was listening to and as usual I came across your post and had to say Hi

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
So sorry to hear that awful news Toyota Man. Hopefully listening to some of your favourite songs can go some way to helping you through the dark days.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi DIB as you say my music has pulled me through the darkest days unfortunatly some things nock me over and I don't see them comming , thanks for your kind words , I have to watch the time as I can find myself listening at quite hi volumes in the small hours and I don't want to upset my neighbours

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi TM,

God I'm really sorry to hear of your loss... it's been a bloody awful year for people passing!! and not just celebs.

Hang on in there mate

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Mac

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Van Morrison - Astral weeks

Only heard this a couple of years ago, and it wasn't what I was expecting, being in the top five best albums ever in every poll going. But it's a groer! It's a beautiful album I'd say.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
A couple of good ones I have only just discovered:

Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up, his last Paris recording in 1964 before going to Scandinavia, this is overlooked for some reason, its almost as good as "Our Man in Paris" and better IMHO than "Go", well worth hearing.

Ben Webster - Gentle Ben, from when he was in Spain in 1972, probably his best European recording, sound quality is excellent, this is available on SACD or high Res download (Analogue Productions) if anyone is interested or its on Spotify/Deezer etc.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
radiorog said:

Only heard this a couple of years ago, and it wasn't what I was expecting, being in the top five best albums ever in every poll going. But it's a groer! It's a beautiful album I'd say.

Great vibe throughout. Apparently recorded almost entirely improvised music wise. Remarkable.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
knaithrover said:
radiorog said:

Great vibe throughout. Apparently recorded almost entirely improvised music wise. Remarkable.
Flipping heck! No way. It's so folky it sounds like it might be improvised, but the quality of the music you assume it isn't. Yeah, a great vibe throughout

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I must admit Astral Weeks is an album that I have tried so many times over the years "to like" seeing as it is almost constantly in the top 3 of best album of all time polls ad nauseum ( see also Pet Sounds).

So far it's charms have completely passed me by. I do like quite a lot of Van Morrisons work, and I count Moondance as one of my favourite albums ever but I just cannot get into Astral Weeks at all.

I'll play it in my van (no pun intened) at work tomorrow to see if there's any change
regular_smile.gif

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
DIB said:
I must admit Astral Weeks is an album that I have tried so many times over the years "to like" seeing as it is almost constantly in the top 3 of best album of all time polls ad nauseum ( see also Pet Sounds).

So far it's charms have completely passed me by. I do like quite a lot of Van Morrisons work, and I count Moondance as one of my favourite albums ever but I just cannot get into Astral Weeks at all.

I'll play it in my van (no pun intened) at work tomorrow to see if there's any change.

I tend to agree, I prefer Moondance and Tupelo Honey.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts