What are you listening to?

Page 135 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

idc:

...... Then The Pineapple Thief compilation 3000 Days, which if you like mellower, more accoustic Radiohead is well worth a listen.

61oxIU0zP%2BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I have listened to The Pineapple Thief again and it is brilliant. There are elements of anthemic U2 and Snow Patrol in the music. The final long track Too Much To Lose is fabulous and really rocks. Now moved to highly recommended.

Now listening to Wolfmother and their self named album. The opening scream just startled the cat.

A

Anonymous

actually last night but since my phone kept refusing to let me post:

Blues Explosion 'Damage'
Spencer Dickinson 'The man who lived for love'

Both on vinyl through headphones. Probably too loud.

idc

A seriously accomplished album by Beardfish. It is listed as eclectic prog and it covers numerous styles and it has influences from The Alex Harvey Band to Judas Priest to King Crimson to Frank Zappa and that is just on one track 'South of the Border'. The playing and recording is absolutely top quality.

512oA0YL0FL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

idc

Norwegian prog rock now with Magic Pie. Very jazzy, anthemic and my closest comparison would be with Marillion. I suspect that the various fans of Barclay James Harvest on this thread would also like this.

315RDKW346L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano: Both on vinyl and sounding superb. I must buy The Smiths' 'The Queen Is Dead' on vinyl because the CD is awful. Over to Amazon I think...

Thanks for reminder Matthew as I`ve been meaning to do the same thing myself.

idc

Not bad (but along with The Flower Kings they need a new name) US band Presto Ballet. Prog Archives reviews make comparisons to the usual suspects of Yes, Genesis and Kansas. I would say they remind me of Rainbow and the album 'Rising', so they are heavy metal with a nod towards the song structure and fantasy artwork and themes of prog.

6172PARTWXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

idc

The Flaming Lips and an album, Embryonic of them in effect jamming. Great if your a fan, otherwise not exactly easy listening. Then some Kraftwerk and the excellent Tour de France.......

51xvsB489HL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51mNAHubjVL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts