admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

Here is my setup

300 N Wireless

7MB Broadband via DSL

windows 7 computer with shares

Synology DS213 (on the way, all shares moving to it)

I currently have a WD TV Live working brilliantly on my TV

I want to put a music player in with the following features

1. Play from LAN shares, either SMB shares or UPNP

2. Play internet radio

3. Controlled from its own remote but with mobile phone app (ios and android)

4. Independant from a server. I dont want a piece of software on my computer that runs this. I want it to be its own device that connects to the WLAN and can see my shares and UPNP devices

5. I would like it to be a standard radio (FM) as well

6. Price. Sub 200 euro would be nice. But im willing to save if i can get the right device.

Im looking at a squeeze box and sonos and revo, but i cannot decide between any of them. Ive asked this question in a few places but didnt ever get a good response. Im not 100% im in the right forum by the way, so mods, please move if appropriate

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Have you considered the Roku (Pinnacle in UK) Soundbridge? It's not your usual 'hi-fi box' device, which may or may not appeal, but is small and seems to fulfil (nearly) all your criteria. The only thing it doesn't do is FM radio, but with Internet radio available would you really worry??

I don't think they are still available new, but a quick Google or Ebay search should find plenty. I recently bought a second-hand one (the 400 version) and even SWMBO thinks it's really great. And very easy to set up - it found my NAS no problem and plays everything at a pretty good quality. The Android app is good, even allowing you to search for internet stations, and from a PC you can set up radio presets.

Should be able to get one under £50 or $40.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for that, that is the best response ive had on all the forums ive been on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts