watched avatar bluray disc on my sony bdp-s370

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
lazarus:
I'd like to add something here.

A few weeks ago I bought The Avatar and Ice Age blu ray disc.There was also a dvd included(same movie)

I showed it to my wife,parents and a few friends(first the dvd and then the br disc).Can you all believe that no one of them could see any difference in picture quality??

The difference in picture and sound quality between blu-ray (the best HD signal currently available) and DVD is night and day.

There must definitely be something wrong with the settings of either your blu-ray player or your TV or quite possibly, both.

I have both these discs myself (with the DVD version) and I just hate the DVD version - absolute rubbish!

A

Anonymous

i think lazarus means that he could clearly see the difference but others couldnt , doesnt that rule out problems with his setup ?

maxflinn:i think lazarus means that he could clearly see the difference but others couldnt , doesnt that rule out problems with his setup ?

Hmmm....looks like you're right Max! I didn't see that! I should eat more carrots along with lazarus' family!
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

bigboss:
maxflinn:i think lazarus means that he could clearly see the difference but others couldnt , doesnt that rule out problems with his setup ?

Hmmm....looks like you're right Max! I didn't see that! I should eat more carrots along with lazarus' family!
emotion-15.gif

ive just had an irish stew , crammed full of carrots , i can see around corners
emotion-19.gif

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
After selling my Oppo recently I'm waiting to see reviews for the soon to be released Sony BDP-S770 and Denon 1611, in the meantime I've been using my bedroom Sony BDP-S360 downstairs. I decided to see what the fuss was about the Sony 370, so sold my 360 for £50 and got Comet to price match Richer Sounds - £100 for the 370. Definately a big improvement over the 360, the picture is pristine with less noise and sound is far more dynamic, albeit perhaps a bit lacking in weight. SACD sounds great as well, the top end is more articulate than my Oppo was, but again a bit lacking in bass weight and depth. Haven't tried DVD playback yet, but I've got it on original resolution anyway as my Z7 has Anchor Bay for upscaling duties.For a £100 it's a superb buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts