Noise problem on my Sony BDP-S370!

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I was watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince via my Blu-ray player yesterday and I noticed some flickering dots. When you put the blu-ray into the disc tray and load the disc, you get the 'Warner Bros' logo come up for about 10 seconds before you even get to the menu of the film. There was a build up of like dots at one bit of the picture which was blue, but it was transparent. It was like noise, but a build-up of it.

I thought until today it was the TV, but it cost me £900 and that would be slightly worrying as I only brought it 6 months ago. But thankfully, by testing the same logo intro on my TV via it's USB slot, them flickering noise build-up didn't come up. So it's the blu-ray player. I've tested serveral blu-rays, but it still comes up sometimes during the film, so it's certainly not the disc.

How do I get rid of these annoying dots (like noise)? :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have a Sony BDP S370, what should I do? Troubleshoot? New player? Loose cables? Or?

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
i had this happen with my current system thought it was my bdp,it turned out to be the hdmi cable a chord supershield,dots all over the picture,switched to a cheap cable and alls well,if you havent tried yet give it a go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts