Was the GT30 one of the tvs due to receive the BBC sport app??

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I was just wondering if the GT30 is due to receive the BBC sport app? WHF reported a while back that some (unspecified) 2011 tvs from Panasonic were to receive the app in june alongside the 2012 range but i've been unable to find out what tvs were due to receive it, could WHF or anyone else provide any info as to what tvs were to receive it please.

Obviously i've checked on the Viera connect market through the tv but nothing is listed so it would seem a major oversight if a 2011 product of the year was to be overlooked when it came to this app, i was hoping to be able to enjoy extra coverage of the olympics but it looks like i'm going to have to do without unless it's due to be released on my Panasonic BDT500 blu ray players Viera market service?

Any info would be much appreciated, thank you.

Oldboy.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I've sent off an email today to Panasonic so hopefully i get a reply soon with info on the BBC sport app, i will report back as soon as i get a response.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
So i have received a reply (of sorts) from Panasonic regarding the BBC Sports app, here it is :

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your GT30 Panasonic television.

In response, I would explain that I do not have details of when the BBC Sport App will be introduced to your television. However, I would suggest checking Viera Connect regularly for updates.

I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by sending an email using this form: www.panasonic.co.uk/email Please include your ticket reference in the message.

Kind Regards,

Louis Hemsley
Online Support Team
Customer Communications Centre
Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH

* * * * * Please do not reply directly as this address is not monitored * * * * *

To send a response please use this form: www.panasonic.co.uk/email Please include your ticket reference in the message.
................................................................................

Do you need some help in locating Panasonic consumer or accessory items?
Why not try our Web site at
www.pas-europe.com
or by telephone

Seems about as non commital and vague as it gets eh!

Would really appreciate one of the WHF team getting involved here as i'm getting nowhere myself, i phoned them today about this email and was simply told they had no information regarding the app ever appearing on the GT30 range of tvs from which i took it as meaning that unless you own a 2012 tv then forget it!

The email never even answers the other part of my question regarding whether or not the app would appear on my BDP500 blu ray player and Panasonic customer services were as equally vague when i asked them about it, the guy just said eerrmm we have no information regarding the app on your player, sorry.

Please WHF get involved and help me get some clarification, thank you :cry:

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi Oldboy.

I have a Panasonic DMR-XS350 Freesat DVD/HDD recorder which was promised to have BBC iplayer on very soon after release in early 2009.

We eventually got it on the machine in Feb 2011.

So don't hold your breath. :)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
LOL i know what you mean but if it wasn't for the GT30 (presumably) being included in whatever peice of press release WHF received from Panasonic regarding the app i wouldn't have been so bothered about it but i was looking forward to enjoying all the extra lovely content for the olympics with the app on the big screen but i guess it will be on the laptop instead...which isn't quite the same experience is it :doh:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts