Want to demo yamaha DSP-Z7

scene

As part of my potential upgrade of my AV amplifier, I'm looking to demo a Yamaha DSP-Z7. Trouble is finding a local(-ish) dealer with one in stock. Perhaps you can help, or you're a dealer with one? I can get to a demo in London, or nearby, preferably the North side / Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire.
So if you've seen the amp in your local dealer let me know [y]
And if they have a Pioneer sc-lx82 in stock, even better, then I can do the comparative demo at the same dealer [:)]

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I had the Z7 for about 18 months and its an absolute cracking amp, cant go wrong with it, you could probably pick one up for just over a grand as well.

scene

iainl2005:I had the Z7 for about 18 months and its an absolute cracking amp, cant go wrong with it, you could probably pick one up for just over a grand as well.

If only I could find one to demo
emotion-6.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Email has been sent to Yamaha, flagging up this flaw (and also your locale, in case they just want to suggest some suitable dealers). Will report back when I get a reply.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy: Frank Harvey are still advertising it (ignore the web price) -It's about an hour from Bedfordshire,90 mins from N London max.

Give them a call and err- see if it's worth the drive.

Sorry, now sold
emotion-6.gif

Our outgoing stock doesn't hang around very long, hence no new ones in stock either.

scene

FrankHarveyHiFi:Ravey Gravey Davy: Frank Harvey are still advertising it (ignore the web price) -It's about an hour from Bedfordshire,90 mins from N London max.

Give them a call and err- see if it's worth the drive.

Sorry, now sold
emotion-6.gif

Our outgoing stock doesn't hang around very long, hence no new ones in stock either.

Thanks for the update.

scene

Clare Newsome:Email has been sent to Yamaha, flagging up this flaw (and also your locale, in case they just want to suggest some suitable dealers). Will report back when I get a reply.

Thanks for all your help Clare
emotion-21.gif

Though of course, I blame you for suggesting I try the DSP-Z7
emotion-5.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Word from Yamaha is that they're planning an updated website - complete with new dealer locator (the old one was out of date, so had to be removed) shortly.

They will come back with specific dealer suggestions for you soon.

In the meantime, Rick from Musicraft In Derby (that could be too far from you...) let me know that he has two DSP-Z7 + BD-S1900 sets available at £1399 (RRP £2900).

scene

Clare Newsome:
Word from Yamaha is that they're planning an updated website - complete with new dealer locator (the old one was out of date, so had to be removed) shortly.

They will come back with specific dealer suggestions for you soon.

In the meantime, Rick from Musicraft In Derby (that could be too far from you...) let me know that he has two DSP-Z7 + BD-S1900 sets available at £1399 (RRP £2900).

Thanks for that Clare.

Re: Musicraft - funnily enough I found that late last night, and had added in on my list of dealers to try (if I couldn't find any nearer!)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
OK, an official reply from Yamaha's spokesman:

"Yamaha went out on a end of line promo to their dealers around 6 weeks ago, and sold all of their stock quiet quickly and much quicker than expected by all accounts.

I spoke to a London dealer via the sales guy who said he had 3 in stock only 10 days ago but sold the last one on Friday so it appears once the dealers went out with the promo the consumer snapped up the product.

I'm sure there is stock still in the dealer networks but I have not found anything within London Herts/Beds as the consumer requested.

Really sorry about this and my only suggestion is for the customer to ring Yamaha directly with his details and then for them to try and track one down.

There did appear to be one with Audio Venue in Maidenhead; when one of the Sales guys checked. "

So, it seems the mighty Z7 is a rare beast!

scene

Thanks for all your help on this Clare.

So it seems that now that the DSP-Z7 is as hard to find as it will be to persuade Mrs. Scene to allow me to spend yet more money on a new amp
emotion-8.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts