Vote for your favorite blu-ray dvd sound...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi all
Music for me would be u2 vertigo not blu-ray but dts.
The beginning is very good. The sound of the crowd and bono shouting.
I'm not a big u2 fan but this is a good dvd.
Dean

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson:1) Neil Young Archives Volume 1 2) Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's 3) Lou Reed's Berlin 4) It Might Get Loud Almost as good as some of my fifty year old vinyl.

Hi Charlie

Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's came this morn, and I've just played it. wow this is something I would have never picked up in a shop but what a dvd, I loved it, It sounded great on my kit. It's got to be my best music dvd now, i feel so chilled......

But i think ill give Neil Young a miss...

Dean

A

Anonymous

Just watched U2 360 tour on Blu-Ray in DTS HD and the sound is simply brilliant.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Dirty dean...you have to do the update via the play tv icon via the xmb on the ps3...you only have to use the play tv install disc once(unless you get a new ps3).We had a few probs at work..i had a play around with it..and all is well now.And there will be a new update...so it will work with freeview hd too.

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
sonycentre:Dirty dean...you have to do the update via the play tv icon via the xmb on the ps3...you only have to use the play tv install disc once(unless you get a new ps3).We had a few probs at work..i had a play around with it..and all is well now.And there will be a new update...so it will work with freeview hd too.
Hi Sonycentre,
It is all up to date and as I live in the UK we can not get the hd I don't think ?
Dean

Sliced Bread

dirtydean:Sliced Bread:laserman16:Sliced Bread:dirtydean:
Got to totaly agree I love Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray. Sound is good all the way through, but disc three, Crossroads and Bastogne are out of this world....

Good choice Laserman

Is it really that good? I might have to have a look into this one. I've seen the whole box set for £17 in Tescos.

IMO it would be one of the best £17s you'll ever spend on a Blu-ray

You two are getting me curious
emotion-1.gif

Have you ordered it yet ? Sliced breadAnd I was saying you must have been posting while at work anyway but only aloud to use the comp at dinner

Sorry Dean, I was just yanking your chain
emotion-1.gif

I've still not ordered it yet! I'm slacking. I'll pick it up from Tesco's this week :)

Ah...and another vote for Moon!

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Sliced Bread:dirtydean:Sliced Bread:laserman16:Sliced Bread:dirtydean:

Got to totaly agree I love Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray. Sound is good all the way through, but disc three, Crossroads and Bastogne are out of this world....

Good choice Laserman

Is it really that good? I might have to have a look into this one. I've seen the whole box set for £17 in Tescos.

IMO it would be one of the best £17s you'll ever spend on a Blu-ray

You two are getting me curious
emotion-1.gif

Have you ordered it yet ? Sliced breadAnd I was saying you must have been posting while at work anyway but only aloud to use the comp at dinner

Sorry Dean, I was just yanking your chain
emotion-1.gif

I've still not ordered it yet! I'm slacking. I'll pick it up from Tesco's this week :)

Ah...and another vote for Moon!

Durrr ill wake up sometime this year... ha ha ha

Dean

F

FunkyMonkey

Book of Eli. Was absolutely stunned by its realism and impact. Just all of it, but especially the action scenes obviously.

A

Anonymous

Toy Story 2 is very good. The scenes in Al's Toybarn where the small rubber balls bounce around the room are really good.

A

Anonymous

I have to agree with an earlier post and say i prefer the quieter monents in a film, things like the wind on the grass at the start of "I am legend" the creaking of the ship in "master and commander" it just draws you in! Another couple would have to be "silent hill" and "star trek" the remake. Anyone know what "dances with wolves " is like on Blu-ray for sound and picture?

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Master and Commander in DTS-HD Master the opening scene between the two ships firing broadside cannons at each other.
You will duck as the cannon balls rip the ships apart and all that shrapnel is flying around.

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I watched Blade Runner on HD DVD the other night and the Vangelis soundtrack was breathtaking, filled the entire room, the dialogue isnt up to much though.

A

Anonymous

dirtydean:Just thought of one Cars on Blu-Ray...The opening race.....

The first time I played Cars to the little lad he cried at the point where Lightning revs his engine to scare the tractors. The change in volume compared with the floor vibrating from the sub must have been to much. He was just under 2 at the time though. He seems to have gone off Cars now and is into Spaceman Rocket, Rexasaurus, Woody and Mr. Pork Chops (Toy Story).

Sliced Bread

iainl2005:think my girlfriend ran out the room at that point, way too loud for her!

Niiiiice
emotion-2.gif

I suspect the bomb landing when ol' Thomas is underground with his family did the same thing
emotion-1.gif

I tested my new sub out with that scene and the cone looked like it was going to fly out the cabinet.

A

Anonymous

I think everyone's covered what I was going to suggest
emotion-2.gif

Having said I do have a couple more;

Blade II - This was on DVD however the first few minutes are entire deep base! It's amazing, you'd swear that subway train just ran past your front window!

Hero - The fight scenes in the tea house while raining and on the lake are superb. More atmospheric than bombastic.

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
There was a scene on brotherhood of the wolf blu-ray when different voices/whispers were circulating around all 5 speakers, I was in myself and I very nearly had to change my jammie bottoms.

A

Anonymous

KevinOK:

Music:

The Knife Silent Shout Live DVD in DTS. They describe it as an audio visual experience. I think that's spot on. The lovely little electronic sounds just buzz around the listener, perfectly in synch with the otherworldly visual presentation. It's hard to find though. If you enjoy The Knife, this is a must have.

Movie:

The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Heat and Miami Vice. The shoutouts in the last two are incredible, it feels like someone is shooting holes in your couch left and right. I'm aware of the bad reviews Miami Vice got, but I disagree, love it.

Wall-E. It's DTS-HD Master track is the best I've heard. It's a perfect demo disc.

Yes a 'The Knife' fan.....spot on about the DTS soundtrack....'Heartbeats' sounds great in surround!!.....now we need some 'Fever Ray' in HD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts