blu ray --> optical 2 channel audio

drpratai

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have the following questions regarding connecting a blu ray player to my 2 channel amplifier.
My setup is a projector and a stereo amplifier. I am going to replace my DVD player with a blu ray player. I will connect the blu ray to the projector via HDMI for picture.

Now for the audio. I thought the best option considering my stereo amplifier would be to use optical from the blu ray to the amp. I realise I won't avail of multi-channel surround sound but my amp is primarily for listening to music.

My Amp: PM7005 (http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&ProductId=PM7005)
Digital in: USB-B / optical / coaxial

When choosing a blu ray player what do I need to consider?
Are there any better options for my amp?
Can certain blu ray players convert 5.2 audio to 2.0 etc.?

I'd appreciate any help on this matter!

Cheers

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello and welcome!

The marantz amp you chose looks like a good choice to me. I have a similar stereo setup: a blu-ray player, a dac/pre and 2 active speakers. I have used it for years for both movies and music and am still very satisfied with the results.

What I can recommend is a blu-ray player with the following features:
-Optical out
-In the audio setup menu an option to output stereo pcm.
-very important: being able to set audio delay in the blu ray player setup menu.

I have a panasonic and would recommend the newest ofspring. A very solid player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts