VHS Video Recorders.....remember them....?

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
This one's for all you long time subscribers to WHF.....trying to find out which VCR they rated as the best.....there are some cracking bargains to be had over on e-bay and I still like playing my old videos from time to time(I am more fascinated by the old adverts in recordings sometimes more than the programmes themselves...memories....)...

So if there are any models that spring to mind....

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think my Panasonic VCR (NV-FJ615) was quite well regarded in its time but I have nothing in writing to back that up. However, it must be 7-8 years old now and is still going strong, but then it's pretty much never used these days
emotion-2.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've still got a top-end JVC Digital video recorder (D-VHS) at home
emotion-21.gif
Oddly enough, it's going to be making its way onto eBay very shortly...

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
You should put in on e-bay Slewis.......
emotion-2.gif

I have always liked the Sony SLV-E1000(I think that's the correct model no. it had a really cracking yellow lcd display and about every editing feature you could ever want).....I lost out on one on e-bay just before Xmas gutted.....anyway does anyone recall a review for this model.....????

A

Anonymous

I've still got some vhs films knocking about, so i thought i'd look on ebay to see how much a good spec vhs player goes for as i once had a jvc s-vhs player many years ago. Was really shocked to see the prices they go for, i also looked up hd dvd players they seem to go for more now second hand they i paid for one new.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Remember them...... well I still use a JVC S-VHS (5 stars in it's day) for recording off a bog standard SKY box. Still works perfect and the picture quality isn't to bad even on my 42" full hd plasma. It did look alot better on my old 32" crt but it's perfectly watchable.

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
You may be interested to know.....managed to get a Panny NV- FS200 as per Slewis over on e-bay with everything as new(remote etc) for the vast sum of £45....

Well chuffed

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I have a JVC HR-S 5965 S-VHS recorder, one carefull lady owner,full service history and very low miles on the clock. What do you think it would fetch on fleebay ?

Seriously though it's in mint condition, very low usage with all original packaging, manual and remote. The remote still has the original battery in it so that shows how little it's been used over the years.

If it could fetch a reasonable price I might be tempted to get rid of it, oh I also have 2 used S-VHS tapes that would be included.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
have a Panasonic NV-HD650 and when playing video clips on TDK HIFI grade tape in 2.o the sound really is quite full and warm. At times i prefer the sound of this to dvd music discs.Everything works too.

A

Anonymous

My friend had a JVC HMDH40000U almost certain that was the model cant remember ever seeing it in action though but they liked it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts