VHS Recorder for old videos

SteveR750

Am looking for a used bargain on flee bay (or anywhere for that matter) and my benchmark is a Panasonic SV-HD636 that I owned some years ago for some years and was most impressive. Is there anything else in particular I should look out for, bearing in mind I dont want to spend more than about £30! Its impossible to find a best buy guide to VHS recorders any more....

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
I picked up a mint Panasonic NV-FS200 SVHS over on e-bay for £45.......this was a £1000 machine in its day and I am most impressed......great player....

Another to look out for is the Sony SLV-E1000 this was a great £800 player in its day; they usually go for around £50 - £60

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
I have a JVC S-5967 which has been very good iindeed. I later bought a combi vcr/dvd player by the same firm as a stop gap before buying a dvd recorder. I know that combis aren`t as good and sure enough the picture on the dedicated vcr is far superior even though I had flogged it to death over a number of years. Not sure when I bought it. Eight years ago maybe? I`m currently using it to transfer old videos onto my dvd recorder hard drive. Think it originally cost around £120. I`ve certainly had my money`s worth from it. I know this player won`t come near your benchmark but if you see one going for a tenner it should be worth a go.

SteveR750

There is a BNIB LG doing the rounds for anything between £30 and £70 at the moment. It would appear that the Del boys have been queuing in Southampton. Its got good reviews off 9 people anyways......anyway Im about to move house again in under 6 months, and need to get a freesat box, hire a van, buy curtains, rugs, blah blah...

A

Anonymous

i just got myself a panasonic nv-fs88 still with it's box for £10 on ebay as i still had 100s of tapes but no player anymore, i thnk this was a good player in it's day.

robmoss2k

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Just in case anyone else stumbles across this thread as it's suddenly got a ranking boost, you probably want one of the following:
PAL:JVC HR-S7965EKJVC HR-S8965EKJVC HR-S9600EK/EUJVC HR-S9700EK/EUBlaupunkt RTV-950Blaupunkt RTV-965Blaupunkt RTV-966Panasonic NV-FS 200Panasonic NV-HS 1000JVC HM-DR10000U NTSC:JVC HR-S7900UJVC HR-S9600UJVC HR-S9800UJVC HR-S9900UJVC SR-V10U / SR-V10Panasonic AG-5710Panasonic AG-1980P / AG-1980JVC HM-DH40000U Those are the best VCRs you can get, and they show up on eBay every now and then and go for quite a lot. Higher numbers aren't necessarily better as the build quality began to drop after these models - these ones are the best combination of features (particularly including the time-based controller) and build quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts