Using the Yamaha YSP 2200 Soundbar

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying to connect my new Yamaha YSP 2200 Soundbar to my Yamaha RX-A3010 Receiver. I tried last night and after a couple of hours gave up.

I have now found the following answer on the Yamaha support page:

"The recommended connection from your Yamaha AV receiver to your YSP Projector speaker would be the Optical out from the receiver's Optical out to the TV/STB Optical input on the YSP and the analog out from the receiver's analog output to the YSP TV/STB analog input. Then all Digital/Analog sources chosen on the receiver will be sent out to the YSP."

I have identified the inputs on the soundbar but I'm not sure what audio and optical outs I'm supposed to use on the receiver.

I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Rather confusing. The sound bar has its own amplifier so you would not generally use it in conjunction with an A/V receiver.

The only Optical Out i can see on the receiver is the one marked up as A/V Out Zone 4, once connected you would have to go in to the amps menu system & send all Audio Out through the Zone 4 optical connection, i think you will find though in doing this you will lose the HD audio, I believe Optical Out does not support it.

Regards....

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd be inclined to trade in the YSP-2200 smartish for something useful like a decent centre speaker. What speakers do you have with the Yamaha RX-A3010 receiver?

Sounds like you may have been mis-sold a product that's of no use to you.

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The soundbar is a stop gap measure while we are in rented accomodation for a year (I'm not inclined to start drilling holes to mount speakers etc). I was just hoping to use the bar with the receiver as the picture quality is better sent through the amp. So I will make do or perhaps telephone Yamaha.

I have now spoken to Yamaha and although possible to use the receiver and soundbar together you effectively have to run them as 2 systems, one for sound and the other for video but you will not get HD sound. So it was always a compromise and it will do for the moment. It's certainly a massive improvement on what we had.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts