URGENT - What fixings to use on Plasma Bracket

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Is URGENT as I need to really order on Sunday (Screwfix) if extra fittings are needed.

I'm finally ready to mount my plasma on the wall.

I have a Vivanco PML 731S bracket (free with screen - tilting and looks like its decent quality), however I'm not sure how to fix it to the wall.

My instinct says use Rawl bolts although I have concerns about not being able to remove them if for any reason the bracket and or screen are changed later.

The brackets instructions say no fixings are supplied but as a part of my package (in the manufacturers sealed packaging with the other fixings) I got supplied some heavy duty screws with bolt heads and large plastic wall plugs (14 mm diameter plugs):

Question is what do I use?

The plugs are attractive from a demounting point of view however I'm worried that just being oversized plastic plugs they might pull out. The rawlbots are attractive from a secure mounting point of view but could cause problems later being non removeable.

Anyone from What HiFi have any advice on fixing systems?

Al

A

Anonymous

Lets face it, your gonna need some holes in your wall, probably 10mm each, and a fair few of em. So if you move your set in the future there are gonna be some bad ass holes in your wall no matter which method. Plugs are there purely to provide a catalyst between a crumbly wall and a metal bolt/screw. Rawl bolts, if you want to remove them will make a swiss cheese of your wall, and are IMHO overkill. And if you haev a lot of them close together, like you would with a TV bracket, im sure they will have a converse effect on holding the TV up, as they will disrupt the integrity of the wall, due to their, hardness and the amount they expand.

A

Anonymous

Got a solid brick wall here and I've got the type of fixing with a bolt in a sleeve that expands at the end. Think I went overkill and fitted 8 of these babies but to be honest I'd rather do that than have £1700 worth of plasma smashed on the floor. I personally wouldn't use the fixings in the picture. Look at it this way , repairing a wall is a small price to pay for piece of mind.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I bought both types of fixings in the end. The wall is plastered brick.

I'd still value a WhatHiFi opinion though.

I absolve you of all liabilty if that makes it any easier!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts