mr malarky said:strapped for cash said:
It is indeed, thanks very much. And BBB, in terms of her taking over my life, we've lived together for 7 years so that horse bolted long, long ago!
Having given it some thought there are a number of arguments I count mount in my favour if I just came home with the TV and didn't consult her first, running in sequence as below:
1) the 5 year warrantee on our Kuro is about to run out
2) look, it really is a better picture, can't you tell?
3) if you press this button you can use it to get on Facebook...
4) I don't care what you say, it's my money and I'll do what I like with it
5) I didn't mean that, please don't leave me!!!
6) Skip options 1 through 5, and just lie about how much it cost....
Other ideas welcome gents (I may need all the help I can get here!)
I used number 1, 2 and 4, though to be fair, she didn't complain at all.
She might say something if I buy another just a few months after the GT50 though.