Tv Recommendations?

robbsafc

Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my 5 year old Samsung UE40H6400 to something more recent. I will be using it for Freeview or Satellite via a Freesat Box. Also streaming of Disney+, Netflix and iPlayer. My daughter also has a Switch so no gaming requirements needed really. I have set my budget at £700 max. I am just looking for something with good image quality, 3 to 4 HDMI. USB connections, I have been looking towards the Sony range although I have never owned a Sony before so have no idea about usability. My previous TV was a Panasonic 37 inch Plasma. Numerous magazines recommend the Sony KD-49XH9505 but is this overkill for my needs? I know it's above what I am prepared to spend with being FALD rather than Edge lit. What are the Sony XH81,XH80 like for screen uniformity? I can now notice some banding and DSE on my Samsung, mainly on football highlights. I have also looked at the Samsung QE49Q80T QLED which I can get for just over £700 through my employer discount scheme. I have access to Costco as well so could pick up the Sony KD-49XH8196 for £580, would this suffice for my needs. I am not really bothered by having the latest spec like HDMI 2.1, or 100hz panel, VRR etc. The Sony's are well reviewed on all the electrical retailers as is the Samsung QE49Q80T. I am beginning to confuse myself now looking at what to get. I have also looked at rtings and done several comparisons but unfortunately they don't do Panasonic as the HX800 series is well reviewed in the UK magazines.

Any guidance is appreciated.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am looking to upgrade my 5 year old Samsung UE40H6400 to something more recent. I will be using it for Freeview or Satellite via a Freesat Box. Also streaming of Disney+, Netflix and iPlayer. My daughter also has a Switch so no gaming requirements needed really. I have set my budget at £700 max. I am just looking for something with good image quality, 3 to 4 HDMI. USB connections, I have been looking towards the Sony range although I have never owned a Sony before so have no idea about usability. My previous TV was a Panasonic 37 inch Plasma. Numerous magazines recommend the Sony KD-49XH9505 but is this overkill for my needs? I know it's above what I am prepared to spend with being FALD rather than Edge lit. What are the Sony XH81,XH80 like for screen uniformity? I can now notice some banding and DSE on my Samsung, mainly on football highlights. I have also looked at the Samsung QE49Q80T QLED which I can get for just over £700 through my employer discount scheme. I have access to Costco as well so could pick up the Sony KD-49XH8196 for £580, would this suffice for my needs. I am not really bothered by having the latest spec like HDMI 2.1, or 100hz panel, VRR etc. The Sony's are well reviewed on all the electrical retailers as is the Samsung QE49Q80T. I am beginning to confuse myself now looking at what to get. I have also looked at rtings and done several comparisons but unfortunately they don't do Panasonic as the HX800 series is well reviewed in the UK magazines.

Any guidance is appreciated.
Personally I would go for the Samsung 49Q80T.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts