TV newb with some Qs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Don't tend to find 50hz screens these days.

Tend to find 120hz as opposed to 100hz.

Still not many 8K screens out there yet.

Micro LED is not a thing yet for the general public - far too expensive.

The Hisense is indeed a good TV, not up to the loftier standards as some other screens, but it depends how critical the viewer is.

New models tend to be released around Easter time as opposed to December.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Don't tend to find 50hz screens these days.

Tend to find 120hz as opposed to 100hz.

Still not many 8K screens out there yet.

Micro LED is not a thing yet for the general public - far too expensive.

The Hisense is indeed a good TV, not up to the loftier standards as some other screens, but it depends how critical the viewer is.

New models tend to be released around Easter time as opposed to December.
60 hz is fine for me with a small 50 inch screen . anything over 55 inches then agree a higher hz to 100 hz is better. I been told the perfect sized screen for computer gaming is 65 Only by a professional designer of gaming. Sure he knows what it is all about and not a 70 or 75 inch

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
60 hz is fine for me with a small 50 inch screen . anything over 55 inches then agree a higher hz to 100 hz is better. I been told the perfect sized screen for computer gaming is 65 Only by a professional designer of gaming. Sure he knows what it is all about and not a 70 or 75 inch
Surely the size of screen that is 'best' is dictated by the viewing distance?

Reactions: Friesiansam
well i would say most gamers are quite closeto the screen certainly from what i have seen , from my guy . who designs them and plays them ( he is on some thing like20 hours a day 7 days a week Then what do i know ?
I used to game for a few hours every day, several hours a day at the weekends and, still game a little. Would I want a 65 inch TV on my desk? Absolutely bloody not, it would be ridiculously excessive. I actually use a 32 inch monitor, which is plenty big enough for me. Still, each to his/her own...

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I used to game for a few hours every day, several hours a day at the weekends and, still game a little. Would I want a 65 inch TV on my desk? Absolutely bloody not, it would be ridiculously excessive. I actually use a 32 inch monitor, which is plenty big enough for me. Still, each to his/her own...
yes i agree but it is not your main income it is his . He states in his opinion !

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
I suspect the 65 inch screen size your friend prefers is from a few metres away.

Chances are if you're gaming you want to be able to take in most, if not all of what the on-screen action is without having to keep moving your head around a lot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts