TX-P50GT50 exchange for 50VT50??

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Hello everyone,

JL have price matched the 50VT50 at £1099 so I can cancel my replacement GT50 and take the VT50....

So is the VT50 worth the £100??

what would you do?

I was also wondering if the power rating (if different) would have any effect on buzzing....?

thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
Hello everyone,

JL have price matched the 50VT50 at £1099 so I can cancel my replacement GT50 and take the VT50....

So is the VT50 worth the £100??

what would you do?

I was also wondering if the power rating (if different) would have any effect on buzzing....?

thanks in advance.

Try it and see. I would. The buzzing could well be quieter. Good deal. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Why not exchange for GT60 or ST65?

smiley-money-mouth.gif

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I hope im given that option..! After enjoy my set for few week's i come accross another issue!!! which made me want to smash it to little bits. I have an engineer coming down on Saturday hoping he well say it's faulty and can't be fixed. i wish i had stuck with LCD.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
BB: GT60 not yet at JL and likely to be £400 more....and I question if its £400 better than the VT50?

Civillian:

I admit I have found the switch from LCD painful and I couldn't live with a plasma for everyday viewing, but as I only use it for Bluray and football...it's cracking and could never go back.....

Gel:

am I maybe right about power rating and buzz?

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
BB: GT60 not yet at JL and likely to be £400 more....and I question if its £400 better than the VT50?

Civillian:

I admit I have found the switch from LCD painful and I couldn't live with a plasma for everyday viewing, but as I only use it for Bluray and football...it's cracking and could never go back.....

Gel:

am I maybe right about power rating and buzz?

Hi

Possibly. I thought about this when I had problems and the VT50 is a different design and slimmer. I put my head around the back of one yesterday in John Lewis and I could not hear anything. They have it on a middle isle so you can walk around the back of them.

People have reported they do buzz, but the GT50 was the only one I saw get a mention of this in a review. If I was to bet a lot of money I would say the VT50 would buzz less. I had the VT30 for a while and that did not buzz. I had the 50V20 and that did not buzz.

With the power rating thing it is possible, the one I saw yesterday definitely did not though.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
I think I read that the buzz is from power supply (so brigjter screen needs more power and so more buzz) then read elsewhere that pressure has been put on the makers to reduce power consumption (or maybe that was just the 'green' bandwagon) which made me think the lower the power consumption the greater the buzz....or the cheaper the louder.

Not that I have even checked the power ratings or if any of the parts used in the two sets are any different...?

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Agreed it's a cracking set for BR. I can't fault it when im watching films. I watch a lot of football, but even then i get these white thick lines which puts me off, I don;t watch the set for everyday viewing. Then two days ago i discovered a smokey spot like black light bleed on the screen...For me that was the final straw. ARGH!!!!!

p.S. Watching formula one on thi sset was mind blowing....Motion at it's best.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
BB: can't go larger than 50' at the moment I'm afraid.....have gone up from a 40' this time and happy to stick at 50'.......I think I would get a projector if I wanted bigger.....but that's the plan for the next home!

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Do we know if the VT50 suffers from some of the same issues users have experienced with the GT50.....

DSE

Motion

IR

Line Bleed

I guess your replacing your GT50 as a result of one of these?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
Do we know if the VT50 suffers from some of the same issues users have experienced with the GT50.....

DSE

Motion

IR

Line Bleed

I guess your replacing your GT50 as a result of one of these?

A quick google answer's my DSE query, its on this one as well aparently |(

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
Seems the VT50 was £2,400 at launch? (Avforums)

That was the 55 inch. The 50 inch was £1900. Interesting John Lewis has just gone out of stock of the VT50 inch, after previously having well over 10 in stock.

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
I know! Just as I called to order.....they will let me know on Monday when more due in....they seem to think they will get more...

You could try ringing around the different branches, I am sure some might have some. I got my iPad delivered from a different branch.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Hot the GT online so have to stick to that...also, I asked what they did with the TV's I send back to make sure I did get sent someone else's returns and they said it goes to the stores if nothing wrong with it......interesting.

fingers crossed they get more VT's in, I think at £1099 it's a great buy and will make me feel better about all the swapping about.....

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Nick_Shepherd said:
Hot the GT online so have to stick to that...also, I asked what they did with the TV's I send back to make sure I did get sent someone else's returns and they said it goes to the stores if nothing wrong with it......interesting.

fingers crossed they get more VT's in, I think at £1099 it's a great buy and will make me feel better about all the swapping about.....

The first GT50 I bought around a year ago was a customer return.

Looked good in the shop, but when I got it home, it had horrendous screen burn.

I rang JL and asked for a refund, they did, no problem, but when the refund was being done over the phone, the lady said that she was watching my tv at that time, and she couldn't see anything wrong with it.
eek.gif

So I presume it got sold again, and I'm sure that's what they'll do with yours.

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:

Could you go £400 more with the 55vt50? Now knocking around at about £1500. John Lewis will price match.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Would rather not....still need a new bluray player....and then I'm into GT60 money and not which would then be better....but if no VT50's appear, is the 55 any better (other than being bigger)?

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
Would rather not....still need a new bluray player....and then I'm into GT60 money and not which would then be better....but if no VT50's appear, is the 55 any better (other than being bigger)?

Not according to this:

http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-television/panasonic-viera-tx-p55vt50-p13582/test.html

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
Hi gel:

thanks for posting that....can only see review for the 50'....and is that site American?

Think it is French, it says everything they said about the 50 inch holds true for the 55 inch. 50 inches is a great size but 55 inches you really feel the size of it - impressive.

D

Deleted member 2457

I think it is the best TV deal ever.
smiley-smile.gif
I can't think of a better one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts