Denon AVR 3313 + KEF Q700 + Q600C + Q300 + Kube12b set up, considering upgrade

crosis

May 27, 2023
Visit site
Hello all,

This is my first post here so sorry in advance if this is not in the right section.

Here is the current situation:
I have a set up with Denon AVR 3313 + KEF Q700 + Q600C + Q300 + Kube12b in my living room.
Also Marantz PM7004 + Q350 in my office.

1. Originally I was using the Marantz as power amp for the Q700 in the living room (with great 2.0 hifi sound). I am wondering if bi-amping them with the Denon would improve the 2.0 hifi sound quality (which I think was better with the Marantz as power amp).

2. I am considering upgrading the system, the R11 meta caught my eye. Obviously I would upgrade the amp too (thinking about Denon 4800H).
Then a few questions:
  • would it be worth it to use the Q700 as rear speakers to have a 7.1? (they don't fit in my office unfortunately)
  • would it be better to use the 3313 as power amp or shall I put back the Marantz and use the 3313 in my office (for 2.0 hifi)?
  • I could also bi-amp the R11 meta, is it better to use a power amp (Marantz PM7004 or Denon 3313) or bi-amp with the 4800H

3. Second upgrade I am thinking about is Atmos, with the Q50a, is 1 pair enough or better get 2?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advices and recommendations!

Julien

crosis

May 27, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

No answers unfortunately, maybe those are questions with obvious answers?

I went to the dealer to listen to the R11 meta and they have a deal on the Reference 5 meaning I could get them for 9.5k USD. While it is still nearly double compared to the R11 meta (5k USD), I was wondering if I should just go for it.
They didn't have the Reference 5 Meta so I couldn't compare (also listening conditions were not great anyway, different amp and room for Reference and R11...).

So basically, should I stick with the R11 Meta or take what seems to be a good deal with the Reference 5?

Also I worry that my amps may be a bit light to power the Reference 5...

Thanks in advance,

Julien

leemccann1

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi

Not heard these speakers but $9.5k on fronts even with a new Denon 4800 (cant see that the 3313 would be as good as this) seems a little mis matched and not making the best out of a $10k speaker , also if you went for those ideally you would want the same centre not sure of price in US but surely around $5k) or again it may not sound matched.

has your dealer not suggested soemthing more suitable? im in UK so not sure what may be available to you but I would have thought something more like a denon 6700 (just bought one and its great) with maybe kef R3 metas all round (note sur eon your room size but I do assume its big) would be good

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts