TV WARRANTY PANNY OR RICHER...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Would you rather have the free 5 year warranty direct from Panasonic from particiapting stores, or would you rather (or equally) take the Richer Sounds warranty at 10% of the purchase price, if all things (price of the set) were equal? I know all things probably wouldnt be equal...Anyway, gues I'm hoping someone here knows both warrantys better than me or has thought of something I have not...

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I got the Panasonic 5 year warranty with my 46PZ85B last year. The Panny warranty is only supposed to be available when paying full price for the set in a Panasonic store but based on what I read on here I asked at local my Richer Sounds about it and got it. Obviously if you can get it at RS for free the TV should be cheaper too and I'd go with that. If RS won't do the Panny warranty or have stopped doing it (it seemed like they were keeping it hush hush when I asked about it) then you can get the RS warranty. I know with the last policy I got off them I was able, if I had not claimed on it, to get a full refund at the end of the term. I think this is next month, so I should get a £60 refund. They also said I could not get the refund but have another product for half price if I returned all the goods with packaging.

So basically if you can get the Panny warranty at RS that's the cheapest option or get the RS one but remember that you can claim it back at the end of the term if you don't use it.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
RS emailed recently saying they dont do the panny one but that theres would "compare favourably".

I had the panny warranty with my last one last year, and that was'nt even from a panny store. the same store are offering it now too, tho they work out more expensive, while being a 10 min walk away, whereas i think my nearest Richers is a half hour drive. Ish.

A

Anonymous

I got my 5 year guarantee from panasonic through sevenoaks. They did the paperwork and a few weeks later I got confirmation from Panasonic. This was an offer, I was told, that Panasonic occasionally put on.

If the guarantee is provided through Panasonic, then it might be worth contacting them first to see if you can get it through them, regardless of where you purchase the tv.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
hmtb:If the guarantee is provided through Panasonic, then it might be worth contacting them first to see if you can get it through them, regardless of where you purchase the tv.

You mean I should ask Panasonic if i could get the Panny warranty at Richer Sounds...?

A

Anonymous

It's worth asking. I don't see why some retailers would have exclusive rights to provide the guarantee for free on panasonic's behalf. So if there is an offer being provided by panasonic generally, I'd be surprised if you were excluded on the basis of where you bought your set (unless it's restricted to panasonic's stores).

But, I could be wrong - it has been known. Still, no harm in trying.

Good luck with it.

A

Anonymous

It seems that only independent dealers are offering the Panasonic warranty (none of the 'high street' brands could offer it when I was shopping for a P42G10)

I ended up getting mine from JL, and they price matched RS, and beat them by £40!, and of course, the set came with the JL 5 year warranty

Previous experience has shown me that the JL warranty is just as good, if not better than manufacturers warranties, as inevitably with a product such as a TV it is quite often cheaper to replace than repair. The former being something that I have only ever experienced with JL warranties, and certainly not manufacturer ones!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts