TV Shootout: Panasonic CZ950, LG EF950V OLED, ZT Plasma

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
There (sic) results are quite surprising though. I would love to attend any event though.

Not really gel, you could easily have attended the one yesterday. It was in Leeds, not the North Pole, not all that far away from Milton Keynes. I would have attended, but I couldn't afford to do so. You certainly have the money.
I haven't a car and don't do public transport though.

What not at all, *shok* how do you get about ? whats wrong with home --> taxi --> coach --> hotel friday night --> taxi to venue --> taxi from venue to destination --> coach to MK --> taxi home.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
There (sic) results are quite surprising though. I would love to attend any event though.

Not really gel, you could easily have attended the one yesterday. It was in Leeds, not the North Pole, not all that far away from Milton Keynes. I would have attended, but I couldn't afford to do so. You certainly have the money.
I haven't a car and don't do public transport though.

What not at all, *shok* how do you get about ? whats wrong with home --> taxi --> coach --> hotel friday night --> taxi to venue --> taxi from venue to destination --> coach to MK --> taxi home.
I get about through family.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
I've just emailed Vincent for the results and his thoughts; I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Nice one.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Guys there is a forum at HDTVtest that is pretty dead if anyone wants to post there also, i am sure between here and there they will compliment each other?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
bigboss said:
Son_of_SJ said:
bigboss said:
I attended the shootout last year

My memory's going, bigboss, I somehow thought that it was in 2013 that you attended a shootout?

No, it was 2014.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/ultimate-shoot-out?page=3

I beg your pardon, doctor. And I'd forgotten how comprehensive your report was. It must be because you attend all those scientific conferences and read all those technical papers! *acute*

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
I still reckon I have the best TV! *biggrin*

Well, if you go back to the AVForums link, you will see in post number 279 that Vinnie97 agrees with you *acute* ! I'm not sure how many other people will concur though ......
Do you concur that the Samsung 8500 plasma is better than the Panasonic ZT then? Because that's what they decided at one of these shootouts 2 years ago!

I think this is the event you mentioned, gel http://forums.hdtvtest.co.uk/index.php?topic=7763.0 .

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
I still reckon I have the best TV! *biggrin*

Well, if you go back to the AVForums link, you will see in post number 279 that Vinnie97 agrees with you *acute* ! I'm not sure how many other people will concur though ......
Do you concur that the Samsung 8500 plasma is better than the Panasonic ZT then? Because that's what they decided at one of these shootouts 2 years ago!

I think this is the event you mentioned, gel http://forums.hdtvtest.co.uk/index.php?topic=7763.0 .
Yep, it is, now that doesn't make sense does it? *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

HDTVfan said:
Series1boy said:
It's dead on here too

I think that is why we need IMHO to support each other. I really think both sites can work together.
Most of us already post on AV Forums too and believe their reviews. We post on here because we have all loved the magazine and still is the best forum in my opinion, I don't see how we have any connection with HDTV Test? What is there to gain?

D

Deleted member 2457

No wonder you don't have many members it's impossible to register on there!

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Email from Vincent but he has not confirmed which OLED won and I would say he's going to save that for his full review on HdTV :

The ZT held its own 90% of the time, but came voting time, it only received 3 votes (out of 28) for Best TV on display at the event.

Warmest regards
Vincent

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Email from Vincent but he has not confirmed which OLED won and I would say he's going to save that for his full review on HdTV :

The ZT held its own 90% of the time, but came voting time, it only received 3 votes (out of 28) for Best TV on display at the event.

Warmest regardsVincent
Just what I heard too here:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/did-anyone-go-to-the-hdtv-test-oled-and-plasma-shootout-on-sat.1991424/#post-22842069

Looks like Panasonic plasma is definitely a thing of the past after all.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:

ha ha, I wandered how long it would take you..

nex year for me when Uhd BD comes out... I'll be purchasing then!
*biggrin*. Should be a lot cheaper then too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

So you'll be happy now, gel. I really do not understand why you take such delight in deriding plasma televisions.
All I hear on here is how plasma is still better when clearly its not. You should listen to me I went from a plasma to OLED so I know what I am talking about, and the experts back this up. Nothing against plasma, I nearly bought a Pioneer 5090 TV again last month so definitely nothing against them.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
All I hear on here is how plasma is still better

(Sigh) I don't think that anyone on What Hi-Fi forums says that, gel, you are hearing things! Anyway plasmas (apart from my four!) are a thing of the past, so the comparison that you alone keep on making is futile.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
If Plasma was 90% as good which doesnt surprise me at all when they are all calibrated and you factor in cost when new - it was better value for money buy. If there was 4k content then it could well be a bigger margin but spent some time looking at my Dads ZT on sat night and its still a stonking TV.

To upgrade its going to cost £5 - 8k for approx 10% improvement - those numbers dont add up and its not worth it presently

Maybe when there is a lot of 4k content and HDR is settled and worth having then thats the time to buy otherwise its incremental upgrade really for huge cost presently

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts