TV connector locations

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Is it just me that finds the location of television connectors at the back in very odd loactions? Locations that in real world use end up being impractical and illogical when trying to connect to other AV devices.

The new Sony shown this week, the KDL-32W706B has the ethernet port right slap bang in the middle of the TV rear panel. If you have this TV wall mounted and need to remove this for any testing reason, it would be a right roayl pain! Our Panasonic TX-P50VT30 has very difficult to reach USB ports and other connectors, especially as it is wall mounted.

Hence my question... I wonder who can point these companies/designers to make a more user friendly TV port interface. Perhaps Apple will again lead the way if their mythical TV appears! I'd appreciate to know if I am the only one who finds this frustrating.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes some connector locations do seem a little odd at times. As if the forgot about them and realized at the last minute they need them.

The easiest place for connections is on the front, but not many people like to see all the cables in full view.

Even on AVR they can be a pain on the back unless you have easy access to them. My kit is on a rack with wheels but it's not that easy to move.

Though my TV is wall mounted it's and a flexable mount so I can pull it out. Even then it's not easy to make connections.

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I only brought up the point as it occured to me that I can't be the only one who gets fed up of bending in odd back breaking ways to get at the back of my big heavy AV receiver and the 50inch flat screen to make changes, add devices etc only to find it near to impossible to see where to plug things in. I am not looking forward tore-attaching the SACD player later this week!

Our TV was wall mounted till we moved house last year and it was a job to get the usb cables in to charge the headsets, then with the huge iron ring that had to be attached to the ethernet cable, to get it plugged in! Do the TV/electronics engineers really need to make our lives so difficult?

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
TnA200 said:
I only brought up the point as it occured to me that I can't be the only one who gets fed up of bending in odd back breaking ways to get at the back of my big heavy AV receiver and the 50inch flat screen to make changes, add devices etc only to find it near to impossible to see where to plug things in. I am not looking forward tore-attaching the SACD player later this week!

Our TV was wall mounted till we moved house last year and it was a job to get the usb cables in to charge the headsets, then with the huge iron ring that had to be attached to the ethernet cable, to get it plugged in! Do the TV/electronics engineers really need to make our lives so difficult?

I feel you pain mate I do. At my old place of work where it was part of my job connecting and disconnecting playes, TVs, AVRs and so on, and I had room (just) to get round the back of the AV racks I still had to be a contortionest to do anything.

I was all well and good turning an AVR round so the bac faced me but if I forgot to feed the cables in through the back of the rack then I had to do it all again anyway. Then you would find one cable too short to give the flexibility of turning the AVR all the way round, then if you unplugged it , it would be a nightmare connecting it again what you couldn't really see what you were doing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts