Too real TV? Image processing

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

Just got the Samsung LE46C650 hooked up and I got to say its AMAZING.

But what is with this processing were it looks like I am behind the camera?

I am not sure if I like this, I am sure it can be turned off and on, as I have not played with the settings yet.

But why do they do this on TV's? maybe someone can point me in the direction of how this originated.

Sorry about the Spelling, LOL

spanx

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I like my TV to be razor sharp, contrasty with bright colours.

Each to his own.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I think I know what you mean. My friend as a Samsung 46C8000 and when we first watched blu rays, it looked like the actors were stood in a TV studio. It seem too real. Not very filmic.I think its mainly with Samsung TVs. I've never seen a sharper picture though.

We ran the THX setup disk and it all started to look much better. If your using a Samsung blu ray player, I think you need to turn off the Samsung Blu-Ray link or somewthing like that.

It seem like Samsung were so focused on making the pictue look real, that they went to far.

I think there as been a couple of other threads already about this effect.

As for why they did it. It probable draws punters in, in the big outlets.

A

Anonymous

JASE:

Yeh thats it, I see it on the Sky HD as well, its very strange, it is like you are seeing them in a studio.

I dont have a Samsung Blu-ray.

I find it weird that samsung are the only ones that have done this,

Oh well, will calibrate TV tonight and see whats what.

Thanks Jase.

Yes, I think it's something to do with Samsung TVs. When I was watching 'Friends' the other day on my Samsung 32UEC6510, you could make out that it was a studio. It makes you very aware of the position of the lights in the studio! I've seen Friends so many times, but never experienced this. Weird.

A

Anonymous

Been doing more research, its called motion plus, and you get it on HD shows that are filmed in a studio.

Its supposed to help SD material, but to me it really hinders the HD stuff.

Will have to play around with it, from what people are saying there is a auto mode somewere, were it knows when to use it.

So far though, AMAZING tv and best I seen for the cash for this year.

A

Anonymous

JUST SEEN THIS:

Auto Motion PlusT is a type of television technology developed by the Samsung Many Samsung televisions include the technology, which is designed to increase picture sharpness and overall image quality. On televisions that include Auto Motion PlusT, this feature can be turned on and off or adjusted according to the preferences of the viewer.

To understand how this feature works, it's helpful to first understand the difference between film and television technologies. While films are shot using 24 image frames per second, television sets are designed to show 30 image frames per second. In order to show movies on films on a home television set, the TV must repeat a portion of images from the film, which can lead to image clarity issues.

Samsung models with Auto Motion PlusT do not repeat frames in the same manner as traditional TVs. Instead, the Auto MotionT software creates its own additional images in order to show 30 unique frames per second. The software estimates where objects should be located on the screen at a specific point in time based on their locations in related frames. Using this software, Auto Motion PlusT creates six additional frames per second to smooth out the picture quality for viewers.

Users can adjust the settings for Auto Motion PlusT using a standard Samsung television remote. In general, this feature should be switched on for high-definition television programs or players. Because of the complex technology associated with these devices, Auto Motion PlusT offers the most noticeable benefits for this type of high-quality imaging. Viewers watching standard broadcast TV programs or using a standard player will find little to no benefit to Auto Motion PlusT technology.

Most Samsung TVs offer low, medium, or high settings for Auto MotionT. The choice among these three settings is largely a matter of personal preference, though the company does offer some general guidelines for use. The faster the action on screen, the more viewers will benefit from the highest settings of this feature. Sports and video games, in particular, will look much sharper with Auto Motion PlusT due to the high speed associated with these types of images.

Compared to televisions without this feature, models with Auto Motion PlusT present a more life-like picture. The edges of each object are very clearly defined, and images move smoothly without interruption. The picture quality is so clear with this feature that it is often compared to viewing unedited film or images from a video camera.

Because the additional image frames are created by a software program, this feature may reduce the level of contrast between dark and light colors on the screen. Some viewers dislike this effect, as well as the "live-action effect" that comes with very clear and sharp images. This technology is only available on select models of Samsung TVs, and can not be found on models from other brands.

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I have the Samsung 46C8000 and also had to switch the MotionPlus from 'Standard' to either 'Clear' or 'Smooth' - but I have noticed many artefacts often around moving faces which are quite destracting.

In 'Standard' mode everything feels like its floating. Almost like its in slow motion. It is indeed very strange. If it wasnt for the artefacts I could probably get used to it for normal TV but it kills the atmosphere of BluRay films - it made Harry Potter look like a Play Station Game!!

More concerning I have noticed complete screen flashes - only resloved by switching off and on again - has anyone else seen this??

The article mentions how it affects contrast - I have noticed some scenes occasionall look 'foggy' where the black become greenish-grey - I now wonder if this is the MotionPlus too as this TV can prodice some SERIOUS blacks when it wants to.

I'm wondering if I should spend some time with MotionPLus completely OFF for a while to see what happnes. But I wonder if the TV is then adding repeated frames? Or is it back to ye olde 50hz?

Interesting - I wish the manfactuers explained more about the tech and the best way to use and the effects it has.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts