The Moon on a Stick - Advise Please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I've about a grand to spend on my first set up. We watch a lot of movies and I want music to sound OK and have the option to run speakers to the kitchen from the same receiver. Is this possible?

I'm looking at the KEF KHT1005.2 and the Sony STRDH800. Reviews seem generally good, but I wonder how well they work together?

Any thoughts gratefully received. If alternative speakers are suggested, please know that they need to look pretty - to maintain marital bliss.

Assuming this kit is right, how much should I be spending on cable? With entry level kit like this, how important is upgrading standard cable?

Thanks

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi SiStan,

With a circa £1000 budget I'd say you could do a little better - if they're pretty enough for you (and you have the space), you can't go wrong with the Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema Pack (can be had for around £500).

The Sony DH800 would go well with these, but since they're a traditional speaker package I'd suggest slightly meatier amplification - maybe the Denon AVR-1910 or Onkyo 607 (both around £400).

That leaves the requisite 10% of the budget for cables, and you'll do well with some Chord Carnival SilverScreen or QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cables. A few other bits and bobs and you've got yourself a 5 star system.

Hope this helps.

Liam.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Liam. I'd read about the Q Acoustics pack - lets see how it goes down with the missus

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts