The Doors on vinyl

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Anybody got, or at least seen and heard, the recent vinyl pressings?

I have seen some damning reviews of them on Amazon, citing poor quality pressing and poor sound. I wondered if this was an isolated example of poor quality control, or representative of a poor quality release.

I have been listening to the DVD-A versions and find some of the 5.1 mixes somewhat underwhelming compared to the CD, so was thinking of seeking out the vinyl for a superior stereo experience. (I gave my vinyl copies to my sisiter about 20 yeras ago and she won't give them back!!)

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
oldleodensian:

Anybody got, or at least seen and heard, the recent vinyl pressings?

I have seen some damning reviews of them on Amazon, citing poor quality pressing and poor sound. I wondered if this was an isolated example of poor quality control, or representative of a poor quality release.

I have been listening to the DVD-A versions and find some of the 5.1 mixes somewhat underwhelming compared to the CD, so was thinking of seeking out the vinyl for a superior stereo experience. (I gave my vinyl copies to my sisiter about 20 yeras ago and she won't give them back!!)

Your sister has better taste than you had 20 years ago then.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles:oldleodensian: I gave my vinyl copies to my sisiter about 20 yeras ago and she won't give them back!!
Your sister has better taste than you had 20 years ago then.

Really?? How's that then??

I gave up about 80% of my vinyl when I had no turntable, hundreds of records, and lived in a very small house with little storage space. My solution at the time was to buy my first CD based hi-fi and either sold my vinyl (and used the cash to buy CDs) or gave it to my nearest and dearest who would both appreciate my taste in music and look after the discs as carefully as I had done.

I am now re-discovering the delights of vinyl and the real irony is that my dear sister also hasn't listened to any of her vinyl for years either (also favouring a CD based system) and was going to give my LPs back to me, but then her husband got hold of a fabulous Linn TT...

So have you heard any of the recent 180g Doors releases?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Calm down, only joking. Although I bet those albums sound great on his Linn TT.
No I have not heard any Doors 180g releases as I've only just got into the Doors as somehow I managed to miss them in the early 70s, too much Zep and Sabbath etc.
I recently purchased a 180g BacktoBlack copy of Frampton Comes Alive and this is a bit forward in its presentation so I'd be careful with any remastered vinyl.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles:

Calm down, only joking. Although I bet those albums sound great on his Linn TT.

No worries, I can take a joke...just thought it worth clarifying why I gave away such good vinyl that I now want to buy again!

The Amazon reviews are discouaraging. I will most likely have to seek out good condition originals, unless someone out there knows better...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts