Tannoy DC6 T - felt the need to share

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
had a nice demo with them.found them also bass light and a bit bright and a bit dry, soon made me tired of the sound.but they are very very good looking.

A

Anonymous

I think they take a very long time to run in and possibly require some time listening to them to fully appreciate as well.In a way I'm glad I didn't demo them as I may not have bought them. I honestly can't rate them highly enough. I feel like the other bits of my system probably need an upgrade as well now. Having said that, I'm amazed how well the NAD amplifier is performing with 1K speakers.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I really rate the DC6T as well as the rest of the signature range. They have a different presentaion from the "look at me" sound that so many speakers have and that works in their favour.

We have supplied more 5.1 set-ups than stereo and we found they worked very well with the Pioneer SC-LX models.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Nick. Any opinions on which stereo amplifiers work well with the DC6T? I think WHF might have recommended the Roksan Caspian as a good match.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Great review! Thanks for taking the time to do it. Now others will benefit from your experience.

I agree regarding the looks. Stunning lookers. Haven't heard them, but I wish I could. The important thing is that you love them.

Regarding the NAD gear, first of all, I'm not at all surprised that the NAD kit is really delivering for you, what you have is very good. Yes, I'm sure you can improve on it, but be careful to stay away from lean sounding electronics. The NAD gear is not lean sounding. That is currently working in your favor from the sound of it.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I have had the the DC6T's as part of a 5:1 set-up since June 2009. They are powerful, look fantastic with the grilles off and sound great IMHO.

There are speakers out there which may have a bit more bass but I find them very balanced, for both music and movies. Some people have said they think they are a bit bright. But I dont hear that at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts